We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Hello,

I'm looking for a winter wear shop in Jakarta as an early prep for ski resort holiday by end of this year. Can anyone tell me the best place to shop for this kind of item?. Thank u in advanced for your kind reply.=D

Regards

arissyam

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,366 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

arissyam,

AS you may understand ski in Indonesia is not REALLY an issue...LOL.. Outfits like parka or skiing pants etc one can find in FOs if he/ she is lucky or someone rejected the party exactly when you ( the garment seeker) decided to visit the particular shop. 6th Level of Pasaraya Grande has some assortment ( sided by Sports Station) of winter gear, but honestly what they sell there is a pile of decomposed filth..........not worth looking.

The ( ski needful) thing that you REALLY will have no problem to purchase in JKT will be sun glasses.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Hi arissyam,

Well Uniqlo will be opened here next month. Idk if they will ajdust their items by not including winter clothing to be sold here though.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

@DivaAbroad: <<Well Uniqlo will be opened here next month.>> From where arissyam came from, Uniqlo is mushrooming and can be found at all corners of the city... IMO, that brand is a scam! Cheap China-made clothing with Japanese price!

@arissyam: I find universal traveller or other winter clothing shop in KL much more interesting and definitely cheaper! Don't hassle yourself to shop for those item in Jakarta because here is: (a) not the winter destination itself, big chance you can't find the best deal and (b) prices here for import stuff are much more expensive.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Ow ok.. Tq Cirque..

Jakarta, Jakarta...
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Actually there is one store in Central Park Mall in the 1st floor that sells all kinds of winter clothing. It's called ColdWear. You might get what you looking for there. Happy hunting :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

You are welcome

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

I went to Jakarta last Dec 2012 (last year) and surprisingly there are plenty of winter clothes on sale in "branded" shops - like Zara for instance. These shops are located in several malls like Pondok Indah Mall 2 (South Jakarta), Grand Indonesia (Central Jakarta). And btw, the style is similar to the recent popular style in Western Europe but the price is more expensive than in Europe - obviously!

Noting that Indonesia is a tropical country, I am impressed if these shops earn money in selling winter clothes there!

Jakarta
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Hi

I would recommend Laxmi Winterwear. I visited their Kemang outlet the other day and was surprised to see a "one stop shop" collection for my family. I loved their collection of winter boots as well as padded jackets and thermals.

Hope this helps.

JH

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,366 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Unfortunately , julianhaines, the original post is of 6 months old, and the OP definitely lost interest in this matter.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Winter wear shop in Jakarta?

Dear JH, although your interest is to provide information for others, but picking up a dead threat is not exactly a good idea...