We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

This is my first time coming to JKT alone. Please advise the best way to get a standard taxi from Jakarta Int'l Airport to Pullman Hotel in City Centre(Near Hyatt.... I think)

What is the latest approx. taxi fare ? is it by meter or need to negotiate ?

Will it be easier and faster if I try to jump into taxi outside departure hall when there is

passengers to get off ? Many thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,399 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

When you leave the departure hall you will go outside to the where all the taxi stands are. Completely ignore all the touts calling to you. Do not even look at them.

Go directly to the Blue Bird Taxi sign and tell the uniformed man that you want the Blue Bird and which hotel you are going to. There is usually a slight line, as most people ONLY take Blue Bird. If time is of the essence and you don't mind paying a little more their luxury end is Silver Bird..nice big car and more comforrtable but about 30% more.

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/r…

You pay the meter plus tolls and a small fee for airport pickup...Last time I was in Jakarta was only last week but I already forgot how much I paid.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Walk outside the arrival hall, there will be taxi rows with the taxi company name written on a plank. Find the Blue Bird row, there will be a Blue Bird attendant giving you the queuing number. If the queue is too long, other options are Gamya or Express taxi. The fare is by meter plus airport surcharge (the surcharge is probably around IDR 9,000). You should also pay for the toll fare.

>>Will it be easier and faster if I try to jump into taxi outside departure hall when there is passengers to get off ? Many thanks<<

There are security guards that prevent these taxis to take passengers from departure hall. It's not allowed to take a taxi from departure hall.

Edited: 12:48 am, May 23, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Taxi would be the best option. Stick to Blue Bird, White Horse, Silver Bird - avoid touts in the airport arrival area. Taxi counters/ designated stops are located OUTSIDE the terminal building.

The appx fare is about 150-170 k IDR/ one way. Travel time may take 40 min or easily 2-3 hours - depends on the traffic condition of the ady of your arrival.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

I always use Silverbird on my arrival in Jakarta.Vvery luxurious and pleasant as the driivers often speak English. Their fare include toll fares. The present fare is 300.000 from the airport to setiabudy. Around 16 Euro, taking between one and two hours pending the famous traffic jams. Other taxi's I used before tell you that the toll fare is included and they tell you at the Toll booth that you still need to pay the fare. If not, they are rude and do not help you when leaving the taxi. This is MY experience. Silverbird is part of The Blue Bird group. If you go somewhere with their ordinary taxi, some drivers tend to rip you off. Do make sure he understands the destination. If you suspect him to take a detour to have more money, tell him you will report him. They are very scared if you do so.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Ricardo1961, hi

Please avoid posting in the stale threads, especially repeating the same info in every taxi related topic on the forum. The OP lost interest to the discussion in May 23, 2013 - a YEAR ago - the river has flown since then.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Oh Really?? Yesterday my sister in law arrived in Jakarta and had the same problem. The river doesn't flow as strong as you think.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

1/ The OP lost interest to the discussion in May 23, 2013 - a YEAR ago !!!!!!

2/ Your sister-in-law never asked a question on TA as it seems.

3/ Necropost is a necropost despite your understanding of the TA river flow speed , Ricardo1961.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Taking the Blue Bird Taxi from CGK-you pay: 1. Meter fare. 2. Tolls 3. Airport surcharge-all to the driver?

Do they have arrangement where you buy a coupon from the counter guy and then just hop into the taxi and "pay" the driver with the coupon not with cash?

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

Hi Tim. AFAIK no coupon. You pay to driver when you reach destination. If you are alone and not carrying many heavy bags you can use DAMRI bus for some routes and change to taxi for your final destination.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get a good reliable standard taxi from CGK Airport?

<<Airport surcharge-all to the driver?>>

YES - all to the driver when you reach your destination. You can alternatively give the toll money to the driver every time when you pass toll gates, the driver will give you the receipts indicating that the toll is already paid by you..