We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic

Hi

My wife and I will be in Jakarta again in June. We want to go to this Museum. I have read the various reviews about the museum on TA. It would appear that this museum is in the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMiI) , which we have been to before (and enjoyed). We would prefer to just make a visit to this museum. Do you have to enter the TMII to get to the museum? Grateful any tips on this.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,838 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

I've only been to the museum once, ages ago, but as I recall the museum is to the left just outside the actual gate to Taman Mini... The first few levels are fairly interesting, especially the jade bed, but once you get to the upper floors it's a mind-numbing collection of foreign government official gifts..

The museum inside is much larger than it looks from the outside, so take really good walking shoes...

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

Hi there,

Yes, the museum is part of Indonesia Miniature Park (TMII) and to access it you need to pay entrance fee to the park.

For list of entrance fee, refer to http://www.tamanmini.com/page/tiket?lang=en

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,822 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

<< Do you have to enter the TMII to get to the museum? Grateful any tips on this.>>

Dewasa Rp. 5.000,-

Anak-anak Rp. 3.000,-

Mobil Rp. 5.000,-

Motor Rp. 2.500,-, it`s to the left from the main entrance, the tickets are sold separately and do not require entrance to TMII, as ubudpuppy told you in post # 1.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

Thank you everyone. Thanks in particular Schonefeld for clarifying.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,822 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

most welcome... any time.

6. Re: Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 11, 2014