We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Hi everyone,

Need advise from the expert as where to stay as we would like easy access (and less travel time) to the venue.

The concert will be at Lapangan D, Senayan and would appreciate if you could help us with this.

Hotel choice, we're looking for someplace that's clean and comfortable enough at a low price.

Thank you!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Lapangan D Senayan, Komplek Olahraga Gelora Bung Karno , masuk dari Jalan Pintu Tiga Senayan

nearest hotels;

Mulia Senayan

Atlet Century Park

FX residence

Sultan

Crowne Plza

Ritz Carlton Pacific Place

Edited: 3:40 am, November 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Hi Schonefeld,

Thanks for your suggestions, it's my fault, I think I should have been more specific but I've already found those through Google maps.

We're looking for more of a boutique hotel price range and comfort. Since we're doing and in-and-out travel for the concert.

If you or other TA's could help us on that, it'll be great.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Try these hotels: Hotel Atlet Century Senayan or Harris FX Suites Sudirman

Unfortunately, there's none of lower rates in the area other than the two mentioned.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

amphe,

The area around Gelora Bung Karno is not about low cost, boutique etc options. The only those that exist in the direct vicinity are listed in my post. You choose from the list or stay in less convenient location. The most money wise will be Sultan ( former Hiton, but dated and run down property).

Jakarta
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Hi,

I don't think there's boutique or budget hotel around senayan.

But,you should consider four hotels mentioned above (sultan, mulia, harris fx and atlet century park) as those hotels are within walking distance to concert venue. I guess atlet century park os the cheapest of four.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

just a thought, rather than stay near the venue and have to walk to it... RAIN and RAIN .... you can try to find any hotel within your budget (in south or central district) and take a taxi to the venue. Taxi will take you to the front door! and taxi cost in Jakarta is cheap anyway.

I am 99% sure, no taxi will take you to Lapangan D Senayan if you stay at sultan, mulia, harris fx and atlet century park because is just too close for a taxi :p and this is not singapore

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

Good observation cyco_igoy,

Finding taxi at night within Gelora Bung Karno is already a challenge by itself, not to mention during major event, it will be even harder to find a taxi inside the complex. One can walk to the nearest exit towards the main road and it's where those hotels discussed are located.

However, if OP is really looking for cheaper hotels than being mentioned, suggestion by cyco_igoy can be considered.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

<<I am 99% sure, no taxi will take you to Lapangan D Senayan if you stay at sultan, mulia, harris fx and atlet century park because is just too close for a taxi :p and this is not singapore>>

Taxi in JKt will take anywhere even if this anywhere is across the road...... Once i ride a taxi from Intercon to Sudirman City walk ( was raining heavily) - both places are within 5 min WALK from each other. It was not problem...............

cyco_igoy

Where did you get an idea that short distances are refused by taxi?????

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

schonefeld,

experience .... many times... especially during late afternoon rush hour.. my guess that the concert will be on 5-7 pm?? Getting a taxi during a rain and rush hour, well that can be interesting if you able to get a taxi.... but I do find as well a taxi that want to take me for a short distance, but that is a chance 1 over 100, like I said 99% of the time.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Lapangan D Senayan

What concert is started at 5pm? My guess Amphe will come for GnR concert. So, any concert in Jakarta starts around 8-9.

Agree with Cirque, it will be hard to find taxi inside Gelora Bung Karno complex. You should walk to nearest exit. With heavy traffic predicted inside the GBK complex then I still suggest to stay at nearest hotel than waiting for taxi in the rain for some time. Both options will get you wet anyway :D

By the way, Sultan and Mulia are less than 1km to Lapangan D while harris fx and century park around 1km.

Edited: 8:18 am, December 01, 2012