We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Ipoh, Malaysia
7 posts
Save Topic
Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

We are going to Ancol this dec for first time...from the blog, many visitors said..no proper signage from one place to another in Ancol...the shuttle bus schedule not easy to follow...I didn't get much info from Ancol website..is it worth to hire driver driving us inside Ancol from one park to another one?or just walk or take taxi?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,427 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

<< take taxi?>>> is your answer.

( by the way small THANK YOU at the bottom of your question might be nice too)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Hi Maya3103,

it's all depend on what you want to do at Ancol (which places you want to visit). If you're planning just to go to one place (e.g. only the theme park or only the SeaWorld), then taxi is the preferred mode of transport.

There is no internal shuttle service, or if there is, it won;t be as frequent and no schedule (you could wait for hours for this and wasting your time).

Thus, renting a car might be preferred if you intend to visit few places within a day. Walking is also possible, but not all roadside is equipped with sidewalk making walking a rather dangerous practice.

Ipoh, Malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Cirque...yr info really cheer up my day...appreciate very much....n thanks to schonefeld too for the brief answer...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,427 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

you`re welcome... happy planning!

Ipoh, Malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

hi..its me again....I have another question..

I just got quotation from car rental...IDR 650k all in for 12 hr in Ancol...if I take taxi to go to every park in Ancol...it wont cost that much, isn't it?...unless the taxi inside Ancol refuse to use metre....

Is it easy to get taxi inside Ancol or do we have to call the Bluebird taxi company?

btw, we are staying at mangga dua..

Thanks for the reply

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Hi again Maya3103,

<<unless the taxi inside Ancol refuse to use metre....>> Yes, this is the exact problem. The whole scene is like wanting to get a meter taxi from Bukit Bintang area in KL. You (almost) cannot spot a metered taxi (e.g. Blue Bird) in the taxi rank as most of it is being "booked" by the taxi gangster. Your only chance is to stop whenever you see Blue Bird taxi passing by.

<<Is it easy to get taxi inside Ancol or do we have to call the Bluebird taxi company?>> Blue Bird won't entertain your request to send you taxi to public places. they can only send taxi to residential address (not commercial address). In commercial address what they can do is to send the car to nearest pick-up point/taxi rank but you can't make a reservation. There is a mercure hotel inside Ancol, it has a dedicated blue bird taxi rank.

Since you are staying in Mangga Dua and if there is no minor (kids and those needing assistance) within your travel group, then no worries, you can always enjoy Ancol on foot or taxi.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,427 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

If you`re staying in in Mangga Dua, just take a taxi - it will be money wise and simpler option.

Ipoh, Malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Thanks a lot cirque n schonefeld for the advice..

In that case, We will take taxi, our teenage sons n daughter will love to walk...I'm the one who will be exhausted...:-) I am ok as long as my children are happy..

Is it advisable to bring raincoat?

Another question, all food sold in Ancol 'halal'? =can be eaten by Muslim?

Thanks for replying..

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,427 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

<<Another question, all food sold in Ancol 'halal'? =can be eaten by Muslim?>>

99 sure %,

if in doubt - just ask the vendor/ restaurant staff. Sticker HALAL must be displayed on every decent eating place.

Ipoh, Malaysia
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ancol : just walk around or hire driver?

Ok...noted that...thanks schonefeld...