We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

Makassar
12 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

Hi, i want to know about the procedure transfer from Domestic to International by Garuda Indonesia at Soekarno Hatta Airport, i have bought ticket from Makassar to Jakarta at 02.00pm to 03.20pm and Jakarta to Singapore at 04.35pm to 07.25pm, and it's the same airlines (Garuda Indonesia), so I just have 1 hours 15 minutes for connection flight, i bought the ticket separately, but i have checked on the Garuda Website if i bought the ticket together not separately from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta, Garuda give me the same schedule, and i have asked the customer service of Garuda Indonesia, they said it's enough time to transit, but i still worried about the connecting flight, so if you know about the procedure connecting flight by Garuda Airlines at Soekarno Hatta Airport, can you share the information, so i can have imagine what do i have to do, thank you

Yanti

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

You really should have purchased that as UPG-CGK-SIN, not UPG-CGK and CGK-SIN.

The problem here is that you have deprived yourself of the advantages of being a 'Transit' passenger at CGK .

You apparently have two tickets, and presumably 2 separate booking reference numbers (PNR) and separate e-tikets.

If you had ticketed UPG-CGK-SIN and there is a connection problem then it is Garuda's problem, however as you have apparently ticketed separately Garuda may suggest it is your problem if you miss the flight due to a late arrival into CGK.

Garuda customer service has improved a lot but still it is better not to expose yourself to the risk of missing a connecting flight with a short transit time.

You have also deprived yourself of the advantages of 'Transiting' in CGK.

A Passenger Service fee should not be levied (included in the GA ticket now) if you are formally transiting at CGK.

Also you can check-in your bags at UPG all the way to SIN.

With the ticketing you have described your bags will be tagged to CGK, upon arrival in Jakarta you will then need to claim those bags from the baggage carousel and check them in again at the International section of the terminal in CGK for the flight to SIN.

All that said, you should be OK with the timing, assuming your UPG-CGK flight it operating to schedule.

Upon arrival in Jakarta de-board the aircraft, reclaim your bags, then proceed to the other end of the terminal (T2) that is used for GA International operations and look for your Garuda check-in desk for the flight to SIN.

Do check again that you are not misunderstanding this ticketing you have.

Do you have 2 entirely separate bookings, each with it's own individual "Booking reference number'' and separate e-tiket?

Or do you have two sectors showing on a single itinerary with the same PNR and Booking reference number issued to both sectors?

If you have the first option then you are not a 'Transit' passenger.

If you have the second option with a single PNR and Booking reference number issued to both sectors then you are a Transit passenger at CGK.

Your UPG-CGK flight will arrive at T2 (domestic section) at CGK, and your CGK-SIN flight will depart T2 (international section). Same terminal (Terminal 2)

Edited: 8:30 pm, November 20, 2012
Makassar
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

i have asked the staff in Garuda Airlines office, she said it should be no problem, they will tag the baggage to Singapore, just when i check-in in Makassar i have told the staff and show the staff about that 2 ticket in the counter check-in so the staff can make the 2 boarding pass and tag my baggage to Singapore, so she said that i don't need to claim my baggage in Jakarta, now i just want to know about procedure after i arrive in Jakarta, in this case i have had a boarding pass from Jakarta to Singapore, i have been thinking before about the risk before i bought the ticket from Jakarta to Singapore, but yesterday i asked the staff in Garuda Airlines office and she told me about no problem with separate ticket, that's way yesterday i bought the ticket from Jakarta-Singapore on the website. do you know the procedure for transfer passenger from domestic to International? Thank you for your help.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

That is good news. I was somewhat hoping that might be the outcome, especially as it reeks of good sense.

You will need to keep a very close eye on your bags when they are actually tagging them, each one.

If that happens with the bags you might be able to report to the Garuda Transit desk after de-boarding the aircraft.

Look out for the 'Transit' sign, and Garuda 'Transit' staff at CGK.

What ever happens you need to have your CGK-SIN boarding pass issued somewhere, hopefully they will do that in Makassar when you check-in for the UPG-CGK flight.

If it does not work out doing the 'Transit' formally then exit the domestic arrivals area and proceed toward the other end to find the International section, Garuda is there, same terminal (T2).

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

<<With the ticketing you have described your bags will be tagged to CGK, upon arrival in Jakarta you will then need to claim those bags from the baggage carousel and check them in again at the International section of the terminal in CGK for the flight to SIN.>>

j_hurcules,

Out of personal experience i can guarantee - if traveling with the same FULL SERVICE airline ( even if both legs booked as separate tickets) they are ABLE to tag your luggage all the way through to the final destination and issue both boarding passes at the staring point.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

<<passes at the staring point.>>

PLEASE READ: starting point

6. Re: Transfer from Makassar to Singapore via Jakarta by Garuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013