We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Hotel

Manila
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help on Hotel

Hello Everyone,

I finally booked my first trip to Jakarta! I'm from Manila and really excited to see this city they say have a lot in common w/ mine.

That said, which hotel and city area should I stay in? Where I can easily walk to explore the rest of the city? A friend suggested the FX mall area but I'd like to check w/ the experts on here first.

Thanks for your help in advance!

ManilaBoy

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on Hotel

Hello,

I am not sure if this is similar situation to Manila..But Jakarta is not really a place for walking.. You can't really walk around the city to explore.. you might have to take taxi or busway to get around.. But before we suggest any hotel.. Please provide your budget?? USD or Rupiah..

1) If you are keen on walking around at night.. check out Morrissey hotel.. Its near Jln Jaksa where the backpackers area are.. or around Jln Sabang thats the only place I can think of that you can walk around at night safely.. thought you might have to be careful just like in Manila..

2) FX Area is great.. but again, its mostly shopping malls and office towers that are within walking distance from there..

3) If you ask me where is the best place to stay for a very good walk around to explore the city.. I am afraid there is none!

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,708 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on Hotel

Hey there...

1/ <<really excited to see this city they say have a lot in common w/ mine.>>

Hardly so.....

2/ << city area should I stay in? >>

Check:

Senayan,

Semanggi

SCBD

Welcome Monument

Kemang

3/ <<Where I can easily walk to explore the rest of the city? >>

You can not easily walk in JKT, none can... our city lacks pavement and sidewalk, an unfortunate pedestrian ( especially) visitor will be challenged by all traffic, cars and vehicles in the struggle for place on the road. Exhaust fumes premixed with carbon dioxide will be your best air to breath....................Walking in JKT is not recommended - neither at day, not at night. << If you ask me where is the best place to stay for a very good walk around to explore the city.. I am afraid there is none! >>

Second to Stefzzz..............

4/ << FX mall area b>>

The area is very OK to stay for the first-timer. For the precise hotel recommendation,. please let us know your budget/ room/ night???

3. Re: Help on Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:49 pm, August 30, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on Hotel

What is your purpose of visiting Jakarta? Sightseeing? Shopping? Visiting friends?

The choice of accommodation is better to be nearby the activity that you wish to do the most. Second most important thing is budget.

Senayan area (where fX mall is located) is basically an ideal choice for those wanting to be close to major shopping centers and offices in the area. There are various hotels in the area, from 3-star to luxury 5-star

Manila
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on Hotel

Thanks guys! I knew I'm gonna get great tips here. My hotel budget is around $75 - $100/ night. I'd like to be in area where there's good shopping, food, and entertainment. Hopefully somewhere where there's good clubbing at night too.

Yogyakarta...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on Hotel

if you have more time try to go to yogyakarta...... :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on Hotel

Hey personal_tour_servic, Do not post something which is unrelated (wrong forum), read forum guidelines before posting!!!

@BussClass: for that budget, you can settle in 3-4 tar. In the area some choices including Harris fX Suites hotel (adjacent to fX mall and walking distance to Plaza Senayan). Other choice is Crowne Plaza Jakarta, short taxi ride to Senayan area

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help on Hotel

I think Sarinah - Thamrin should be a good area to stay. There is a street called Jaksa Street, som expats like to come here and have some drinks. Sarinah -Thamrin is in walking distance to Grand Indonesia Mall, huge ones and Plaza Indonesia. It is also walking distance to Hotel Indonesia square. Very nice and symbolic square. It is also in walking distance to MONAS museum. National museum and the symbol of Jakarta.

You can use busway from there to Sudirman and Plaza Senayan area. very quick. As for clubs you can go to Blowfish, X2, Prive, and Dragonfly or go to kemang areas for bars and beers :)

There is Ibis Sarinah hotel that costs about 40 USD per night and some other hotels around it also for same amount of price

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help on Hotel

Hi Andymoda, there is no Ibis Sarinah hotel in Jakarta. But there are 2 Ibis hotels in the area.

Manila
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help on Hotel

You guys have been most helpful. Thanks! Excited to see Jakarta soon.