We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
29 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Hello there.

Arriving JAKARTA from BALI at 10am. Interested to see TAMAN SAFARI on a Wednesday.

We have been there before, but have to go back as we are bringing a couple of friends over.

Question: Could we take the bus from airport to BOGOR and just hail a cab from there to TAMAN SAFARI?

Is this doable? We are 4 adults in all.

Or are we better off hailing a taxi to from AIRPORT to TAMAN SAFARI and back to Jakarta later that night (hotel is along MANGGA DUA area). You have any idea how much this would cost us roughly?

We do not intend to stay the whole day in the Zoo. Around three hours would suffice (even shorter).

Appreciate your inputs folks.

Thanks in advance!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Hi, I would recommend you to go to Taman Safari in Bali instead. The park is more elaborate (since it has combination with marine park) and easier for you to access. It is operated by the same company.

Thus, allowing you to have more time to spend in Jakarta to visit other place.

If you're still interested to visit the one at Cisarua, I'd suggest to take private car instead rather than using public transport or taxi. If you're using public transport/taxi, my question is: where will you put the luggage whilst visiting? Also, Taman Safari in Bogor is based on private car going through the path to see animal exhibit, there is a public van/shuttle that circles through the park, but this again will take time. Also, do it on the other day rather than the same day of your arrival as the trip as it will be too tiring to go from airport - taman safari - then back to the hotel.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
108 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Hi, This is Simple way to Taman Safari - Bogor.

Take Feeder bus Dhamri to Bogor from airport, then use Angkot (small Transport to Ciawi, then Change to Cisarua stop at Gate to Taman Safari.

regards

ARIS

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Hi,

If you recall, Taman Safari is best visited using your own car. It is designed for a drive through experience. Besides, it is of course possible to do this with public transport, but it will take you the better part of the day to deal with the transfers.

My advice. Bite the bullet and rent a car with a driver for the day. Eminently more enjoyable for everyone.

Cheers.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
29 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Thanks for all of your replies.

@Cirque: Never knew that there's one in BALI. THANKS FOR THE INFO.!

Would you know if it is as exciting as the one in Bogor (or may be better?).

I am a bit hesitant in going to the one in BALI as it may take a lot of time when we only have two full days there not to mention the fact that I would want to maximize our villa as it has a private pool. :)

@Odeysa: Thanks!

My plan is to take the Airport Bus to BOGOR and find a taxi there which we will use inside the TAMAN SAFARI and, later, on the way back to JAKARTA.

@Craneboywill: Yes, I remember that a private car is needed inside the zoo that is why I want to be assured that we coud get one in BOGOR after we alight from the Airport Bus.

To everyone: I wanted to save money when i could that is why I thought of taking the bus to Bogor. Then, find a Taxi that we could use around the zoo and back to Jakarta.

Do you think this is doable folks?

One option is to take a taxi from airport to our hotel in mangga dua.

Then, after check in, we could find a taxi to taman safari and back.

But I am guessing that it would take a lot of time when we could go straight already. We do not have much luggage.

Thanks in advance!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

<<Do you think this is doable folks?>>

NO, it is NOT.

1/ YOu`ll waste half of the day trying to figure out the directions of ( so-called) local transport which is all in the appalling condition and a catastrophe from safety point of view. The only civilized way is to pre-arrange car-+driver that can pick you up from the airport and fetch to Tanam Safari directly. As craneboywill wisely admitted - navigation through the park is simply impossible if you do not have a personal car.

2/ If you plan Taman Safari as a stopover activity and return to the airport is pre-supposed. YOU HAVE to drop the idea entirely. A the Cisarua traffic can easily become a bottle neck with a tight cork in the end, and you can be simply stuck in one spot for 5-6 hours.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

<<To everyone: I wanted to save money when i could that is why I thought of taking the bus to Bogor. Then, find a Taxi that we could use around the zoo and back to Jakarta.>>

I don't think that's possible.. Even if you are able to get a cab to go around the park from Bogor bus station to Taman safari and back to Jakarta.. It will cost you a lot of money as well.. Still cheaper to rent a car for the whole day from Jakarta..

<<One option is to take a taxi from airport to our hotel in mangga dua. Then, after check in, we could find a taxi to taman safari and back.>>

Again, this is not a viable option.. Will be more expensive than renting a car..

Honestly, Just take it this way, you just arrive in Manila airport and want to go out of town which is approx 70KM away from the city.. Will you be able to do it with buses and taxis if you are not familiar with the location?? Jakarta is more crowded or similar traffic condition to Manila.. just think about it.. you know better.. :)

Exploring taman Safari takes quite a lot of time.. it deserves more than 3 hours of visit in clouding sightseeing and relaxation.. Anything less than that, you will regret for not exploring more of the place..

Try to fit in one whole day for the trip.. weekends will be a problem though due to bad traffic jam.. but if you are used to very long traffic jams in Manila and can endure it for hours.. won't be a problem.. hahaha..

Hope this helps..

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
29 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Thank you for all of your replies.

YOU GUYS ARE SO HELPFUL.

I think my safest bet will be car hire.

OR, visit the one in bali.

Does anyone know if the one in BALI is a "drive through" as well?

I remember having lots of fun in the one in Bogor because you never have to leave your car to enjoy the zoo especially when I've got senior citizens in tow and a little boy.

Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,582 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

In Bali it`s arranged more like a zoo ( as designed more for tourists who do not have own cars on vacation), with shuttle bus ( pick up from Kuta, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Seminyak) available.

http://www.balisafarimarinepark.com/home.asp

Edited: 4:22 am, March 19, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

Would you know if it is as exciting as the one in Bogor (or may be better?).

The bali one is much better IMO. It's pretty much like Singapore Zoo. There is a walkthrough as well - like in Singapore zoo, this is done through the park's shuttle van. I think it's still wiser to spend the money on extra night in Bali (shifting everything up) rather than paying for car rental for a tiring trip just to get to Taman Safari at Bogor (in case you really don't want to waste your private pool villa...)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jakarta airport to Taman Safari

The Balinese and Bogor Taman Safari is very different IMO.. But I find the Balinese version feels less authentic and more 'sanitized', just like a zoo as mentioned.. The Bogor version has better scenery IMO.. Fair enough, the Balinese version has better infrastructure for tourists though.. But still, it depends on how you like your destination to be..

Overall, I still prefer the Bogor version though.. Just weigh up your options and decide what's convenient for you.. Having a look at both websites will help in your decision making.. :)