Just got back from 3D/3N in Jakarta & 3D/2N in Bandung.
Had an enjoyable time in both places. In Bandung we stayed at Geulis Hotel (family suites – pleasant stay as the living area provided us with common area to chit-chat and eat in a group whenever we decided to pack food and dined in) & in Jakarta we stayed at my sis’s house.
Anyway, it seems my family enjoyed Jakarta (for shopping) more than Bandung and already talking about going to Indonesia again. This time, no Bandung just Jakarta.
Purpose of Jakarta trip – shopping. My family is into shopping of local (indon? China?) stuffs – telekung (muslim praying gear), tudung (head scarves), embroidery stuffs for kebaya/baju kurung, ready to wear garments etc.
Probably the same group again (my parents in their 70s, my sister in her 50s and 5 adults and a 2-year old and two 5-year old kids).
On our last trip, we were caught in macet (traffic jam) for 4 hours! – on our way back from Puncak to my sis’s house in Kebayoran Baru.
So, next trip we planned to stay at a hotel or apartment nearby shopping areas to avoid macet (if that is possible).
Base on feedback that I received from my family members – these are the places they wish to re-visit (last trip we spent more time shopping in Bandung) :
1. Tanah Abang (yeah I read TA and most Jakarta experts hate this place ) but my sisters love this place as they said the tudung and telekung sold here more refine (design wise) than Pasar Baru Bandung.
2. Mangga Dua (last trip we only managed to visit Pasar Pagi)
3. JaCC (Jakarta City Centre Hyperstore) – last trip we arrived there at closing time!
4. Last trip we visited Pacific Place, Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia and this coming trip probably visit few others which we did not visit the last time (not all my family members are into shopping malls).
Also from what we gathered from the last trip, it is best to visit Jakarta during weekend (to avoid macet). So, our next trip will be on weekend (Friday to Sunday), 3D/2N (or perhaps extend to 3 nights).
Anyway, from TA forums & TA hotel reviews I’ve compiled these hotels which I think fit my family requirement (yet to narrow down on selection, hoping you guys can assist). Rate? To accommodate everyone’s budget, price range should be below RM150/person/night (USD85/room/night). Other criteria – MUST be clean.
Your feedback is much appreciated – which one is better in term of cleanliness, price (value for money) and easy access to places mentioned above . Thank you.
1. Ascot Jakarta – 2-bedroom apt (weekend rates) USD160++/night www.the-ascott.com/specials/cluster.html…
2. Acacia Hotel (deluxe) Rp587,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
3. Aryaduta Rp570,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
4. Grand Flora Rp560,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
5. Menara Peninsula Hotel Rp530,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
6. Ibis Arcadia Rp523,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
7. Millennium Sirih (superior room)Rp515,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
8. Harris Hotel Tebet (Harris room) Rp506,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
9. Ibis Mangga Dua (family room) Rp810,000/room/night bayubuanatravel.com/hotels/hotelMainweb.asp…
10. Somerset Grand Citra 3bedroom apartment USD120/unit/night. https:/…somerset_grand_citra.html
11. Countrywood – 3 bedroom apartment USD115/unit/night countrywoods.co.id/servicedapartments.html
12. Wisma Maluku – my bro-in-law said his friends stayed here before and happy with the hotel – rate about Rp320,000/room/night. Anybody tried this hotel before? tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT
My sis and family reside in Jakarta but they are not really Jakarta expert (they are Malaysians working in Jakarta), so appreciate any feedback from you guys. Thanks.
P/s is it better to rent a car or use blue bird taxi (for purpose mentioned above). The last trip we rented two 7-seaters for our use both in Jakarta and Bandung. While on my first trip to Jakarta it was only 2 of us, so we just walked around our hotel (Sari Pan Pac) to avoid macet (jam) and at night we took Blue Bird.