We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

I took a Bluebird taxi at 4.30 a.m. from Cekini to the Airport for my flight to Bali in April. I just checked my diary for some other info and noticed I'd written some notes on taxi prices.

I was quoted up to 200,000 r's by my hotel and when I told them my trip was going to be 4.30a.m. they adjusted the estimate to 160,000 r's. When one calculates the distance and multiplies that by the meter rate per km then the price does not compute.

I was quite alert (not usually at 4.30a.m.) and noticed that the meter registered large jumps in rupees when I looked away to check my passport or wallet!!!

If you don't want to be ripped off...keep an eye on the meter. I ended up paying 112,000 on the meter plus tolls of around 13,000. It is a long way (around 35kms).

Another tip-if you are waiting for a Damri bus to Kemayoran-don't bother-I waited 2 hrs, gave up & caught a Damri to Gambir then a taxi to Kemayoran. Don't use the taxi queue at Gambir-they have a minimum charge and it was double the meter price! Hail a taxi in the street outside!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

Hi there, which hotel are you staying at? Just for your info, at most hotel in jakarta, never ask the concierge or doorman or reception to get you a taxi when it's possible to see rows of taxi lining up the street (most 3-5 stars hotel has its own Blue Bird stand just outside the lobby) except you want to be overcharged.

The first 2km is Rp6,000 with additional Rp300 increment every 100m runs. Waiting time (or at any time the taxi stops at traffic light/traffic jam) will be imposed accordingly during the wait.

Rp112,000 for taxi fare from Cikini to airport is considered normal (the taxi is speeding in the highway hence the meter goes very fast).

Do you have a receipt? If you're not happy you can contact Blue Bird customer service customercare@bluebirdgroup.com

Thanks for the tip of DAMRI bus!

P.S. Indonesian National Currency is RUPIAH and denotes by Rp (not rupee or r).

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
1,002 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

Hi,

The fare you ending paying is correct.

As you found out, there is no point in organizing a taxi through your hotel. You'll just end up paying more and there are plenty of taxis cruising around.

As well as the Damri bus, another money saving tip is to take a taxi with a "tarif Bawah" sticker. These are about 30% cheaper than Bluebird, or other taxis without the sticker.

Yeah the Kemayoran buses are pretty rare. I've lived in Kemayoran for a couple of years and have only ever managed to catch one once.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,935 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

I just wonder about two technical problems... how

1/ to make a taxi meter roll faster when passenger attention is distracted? Some telepathy involved?

2/ how a passenger noticed that the meter registered large jumps in rupees when he looked away to check his passport or wallet!!! Literally he (she) is sure the meter goes faster when he(she) is not looking at it? That`s it? Oh, my God........

3/ 112kIDR to CGK is usual price, what`s the fuzz about?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

There's no fuss-I am merely suggesting that the taxi driver may have been adding extra rupiah to the fare. I am not complaining about the fare I paid.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
452 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

I doubt it is gonna be happen on Blue Bird taxis. They are very much strictly administered also the driver is working based on commission not the target. So for them it is nothing to lose since they will get money for each of their ride anyway

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

verdims-you may be correct but the estimate supplied by my Guesthouse was so overinflated I wondered why they would not know approximately how much the fare range would be. It's no big deal! And thank you moderators for your tolerance! Such an important job you do!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

Gentlemen, can I check with you if 8 people were at Rancamay golf (in Bogor) and wanted to check-in Hotel Santika in town area ... what is the best way to get there? How do I get blue bird taxi at Rancamaya golf? Any idea how much it is going to cost? Thanking you in advance.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,935 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

just call a taxi call center 021-79171234. Hello, blue bird!

9. Re: Taxi prices Jakarta (Cekini) to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2010