We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Dearest travelers fellow,

I would have some business at Pantai Indah kapuk for couple of weeks. Can you advise which hotel is nearby this Pantai Indah Kapuk area?

I would prefer a confortable hotel as I would stay with my wife and two babies. A 4 star hotel with nice environment is most expected.

Thank you for your advises.

Warm regards,

Ranu

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

It's rather hard to find a hotel that is really close to Pantai Indah Kapuk because Pantai Indah Kapuk itself is necessarily a housing estate with some commercial space and lots of schools in the neighbourhood.

So your better option is to stay at some hotel along the highway that leads to Pantai Indah Kapuk and Airport (it will be an easier access since it's close to highway toll booth, but does not let you free from traffic jam inside the highway during certain rush hours). Some area that are in reasonable distance and has better hotels to search for is Mangga Dua or Grogol.

So, some hotel you can consider:

1. Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, 4 star, in Grogol area, adjacent to a family shopping mall (so you can rest assure your family can keep entertained while you're on business). To Pantai Indah Kapuk via highway approx 20-30mins (all approximation are during normal traffic)

2. Hotel Twin Plaza, Hotel Menara Peninsula

further down the road from Hotel Ciputra, shopping malls nearby (not on-site). Around 40min to Pantai Indah Kapuk

3. Novotel Mangga Dua, close to Mangga Dua wholesale center, adjacent to a shopping mall, to Pantai Indah Kapuk also approx 30mins. Probably the better 4 star hotel in the area compare to others.

4. Hotel Danau Sunter, in the neighbourhood next to Pantai Indah Kapuk, 3 star, mostly used as transit hotel, really basic.

Further down the road than option number 1 and 2 are many Jakarta better city hotels (but it will take you longer to Pantai Indah Kapuk approx 1 hour ride away).

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,522 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

As cirque pointed out finding a hotel (especially nice, kids/family friendly) is impossible. Frankly speaking this is very far suburb of the city on the road to airport. So if your business application requires to stay in Jakarta for a couple of weeks you have to get accommodation at some distance from Pantai Indah Kapuk. In your case I would recommend an apartment style accommodation, smth like Oakwood or Somerset. They have daily rates and located in very nice area. Yet I admit that traveling every day/morning to Kapuk will be torture, traffic over here is a nightmare about which all Jakarta DEs tell stories to newcomers.

As for hotels... I would say Hotel Ciputra will suit you most.............

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Closest hotel will be Sanno Hotels in Pluit Selatan. It is a standard 3 star hotel. You can see the review on this forum tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294229-d623425…

Like other DEs mentioned, Pluit is a residential area and Sanno is the closest it is to the Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK) area. Yet it is still about 10 mins drive to PIK. There is no other hotel in nearer vicinity

Paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Cirque, Schonefeld, and Verdims,

Thank you very much for your advises. It is really helpful for someone like me that obviously blind of Jakarta.

Dearest fellows,

I am also being advised regarding the Santika Premiere Hotel. I have just read only one review of this hotel in this forum. Is it anyone elses having experiences with this hotel? The hotel website has offered no much info.

Terima kasih,

Ranu

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

See my previous post I mentioned Hotel Menara Peninsula? Well, Santika Premiere is still further down the road from there. Nearby Santika, offering much lower fare is Hotel Ibis Slipi (this one is closer to toll booth).

Hotel Santika Jakarta has been around since early 2000s. It's a 4 star property located in the middle of dense residential are of Petamburan. The hotel is a bit far from the main road (as I said, it's surrounded by residential area). The hotel itself is nothing to shout out, expect to find regular amenities, a swimming pool, etc. It's a bit quiet/serene as it is far from main road, but you won't get spectacular city view (especially when you look down into the residential area below) from your window. The main road outside the hotel is quite bustling (all day long), but walking alone is not recommended (moreover if you're tourist) as lots of gangster love to hang out in the area. I have to say this one is not that much different (in terms of room condition and furnishings) than Hotel Ciputra mentioned earlier.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,522 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Santika is actually lovely hotel. We seldom mention it as recommendation for tourists for it lies a bit apart from shopping/sightseeing/ entertaining areas. Yet in itself it is much better than Twin Plaza, Ibis Slipi and Menara Peninsula. Though Ciputra is better than Santika, rooms are bigger, facilities are more extensive and for you getting to work to Kapuk is closer from there.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

Yes, I would agree. If you opt out Sanno, the next closer one is definitely Ciputra (but about 20 mins drive to PIK), not that close with sometimes terrible traffic during weekdays both ways

8. Re: Need a confortable hotel near Pantai Indah Kapuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, December 03, 2009