We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

I need help to expand my small business to buy baby clothings in Jakarta. Most probably I will be going there next week to get cheaper bargain on branded baby products such as gymboree, gap, mothercare, baby safe, baby diapers etc. Can anyone tell me the exact place to get all this stuff. Is it possible to get it at Tanah Abng? I want to fully utilized my limited time in Jakarta for my 3D2N trip. Appreciate any suggestions and recommendations.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

It's quite hard to answer your question because most baby stores in Jakarta get their supplies from the distributor (or at least sales agents).

In Tanah Abang, you'll probably get local-made baby clothing (no brand at all, but some have cute copycat-disney character prints, etc). Other baby stuff might be China-made as well. Besides Tanah Abang, you can try to hunt at Mangga Dua, but I would say the collection is not much different than Tanah Abang.

If you want to get branded baby cloths, most possible way is to visit factory outlet stores. But to tell you the truth, baby clothes here does not have much varieties and probably is the last season stock (you don't want to sell last-season-baby-GAP while everyone can get the new-arrival-baby-GAP just inside the mall, don't you?).

P.S. is the baby safe you mentioned related to stuff like electrical plug cover, cabinet and drawer latches, etc? If it is, i think IKEA sell those at very cheap price already...

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

Hi

You can't get those branded items in wholesale center (of course if you are looking for genuine one). Tn Abang is 100% not possible, maybe you can get some export surplus in FO shops in some ITC such as Permata Hijau, Kuningan, Mangga Dua. But chance is they mixed them up with not genuine items...

You must buy those in regular shopping malls even in fact the prices can be higher than Singapore because they must pay expensive duties when they import it down here and you can only find those brands in upscale malls.

My wife always buy those branded kids/babies items in Singapore and she found it cheaper

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

Hi Cirque..Thank you very much for your reply. Perhaps Jakarta is not a good place to look for baby items. Maybe you can recommend other country that offer branded baby stuff. BTW, I will still be going to Jakarta to shop for muslimah products.

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

Hi Verdims, appreciate your info. Actually, my main intention to Jakarta is to go to Tanah abang to shop for muslimah products. Since i'm going there that's why enquire about baby products too. Who knows I can get them cheap. But it's the other way round. In that case I can just get from Singapore or other country, ya..I will be staying in Ibis Arcadia. But till today, have not make any booking yet. Hopefully, there's room available.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

actually accorhotels.com has special promo rate since last week. I don't know if it is already expired yet

6. Re: Branded baby products with reasonable price in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:39 am, October 21, 2009