We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain in jakarta

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
rain in jakarta

I will be in jakarta next week.

I saw weather forecast and it is RAINING all days

I read in forums that march is like this...

but my questions are:

- does it rain all day long? is it heavy rain?

- is is still possible to walk around ?

- do I need to bring boots for rain/mud :) ? - i do have a raincoat

- what would be the best thing to do if it rains all day long and heavy rains?

thank you for any tip

bixi

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain in jakarta

Hahaha... You're asking as if you're going to a deep jungle...

Well, the answer to your question is very subjective. The weather is unpredictable these few months. Usually the monsoon season will end around March, so yes, there will still be rain, but there's also a chance to be sunny and bright. Just like few days ago, it's clear and sunny at daytime, but in the late afternoon, suddenly it rains cats and dogs.

So, depending on what you're going to do in Jakarta:

1. If it involves sightseeing to open-air park or walking around the city, bring a handy umbrella with you. If you're staying at nice property, big chance they will lend you one. No need to wear boots unless you're intending to go to flooded area. Raincoats can be worn if you afraid to get wet altogether.

2. If it involves going from one building to another and your transport option is taxi, need not to worry. All of these have sheltered pick-up/drop-off points, so you won't get wet.

One more thing you need to take precaution because of the rain: TRAFFIC JAM! So, if it's raining and you know you'll travel quite a distance, provide ample time to get there so that it won't ruin your schedule.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain in jakarta

Thank you cique!

great tips

i guess i should not worry than at all!

i enjoy walking in the rain if it is warm weather...so it will be fine, since it is not going to poor cats and dogs ALL day long...

we are leaving tommorrow so I was starting to panic when I saw the weather forecast with lots of clowds and rain pictures :))

so I guess I willbe visiting your wonderful city very soon!

bixi

3. Re: rain in jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:38 am, October 20, 2009