We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping close to Mulia Hotel

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping close to Mulia Hotel

Hello,

I will be coming to Jakarta over the Christmas holiday season and will be staying at Mulia.

1) What is the best places to go shopping near Mulia?

2) Any suggestions on what I should do and see - I will be in Jakarta for 8 days.

Thank you for your help.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping close to Mulia Hotel

Tax for imported goods are so high in Indonesia, it's impossible to get cheap imported goods here.

Although some big malls are just 5-10mins away from Mulia, some people are still manage to walk on foot (including me) though you need to share the road with cars and the busy traffic (Jakarta is not a pedestrian friendly city).

Thank God you enjoyed your trip here.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping close to Mulia Hotel

Hi Cirque,

I saw some people walking in the streets but it didn't look safe because of all the cars.

I was also caught in the traffic for 1.5 hours because there was a demostration but it was not a problem and I felt safe at all times.

thank you for sharing your beautiful city with me.

13. Re: Shopping close to Mulia Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 17, 2009