We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contact information for Princess Taxis

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Contact information for Princess Taxis

I will be traveling to Jakarta soon and Princess taxi company was recommended by some friends. Does anyone have contact information for the company? any other suggestions for clean, reliable transport for a family of 6?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contact information for Princess Taxis

Never heard of this taxi company. Is it really popular? However, for big party, there are 2 choices.

1. Maxicab, using a fleet of VW Caravelle, max 10 people. Flag fall for first 2km is Rp10,000 then every subsequent km will charge Rp5000. Waiting fee is Rp80,000 per hour.

2. Tiara Express, using a fleet of Toyota Alphard, can accommodate max 6 people. Flag fall is Rp10,000 every km is Rp5,000 and waiting fee Rp50,000 per hour. Contact: 021-30010600

P.S. These companies only has a bunch of fleet. As an alternative, currently there is only 1 company (as I know) that is using GPS system in their tracking system and using computerized reservation system, they are BLUE BIRD TAXI. This company is by far the most reliable taxi company in Indonesia. They operate 2 type of fleet and can be easily recognized by looking at 'BLUE BIRD GROUP' sticker on the windscreen. The type are:

1. Executive taxi, branded as 'SILVER BIRD', using the fleet of spacious Toyota Crown and Mercedes Benz C-Class. Can accommodate 4 people. Available at all 5-star hotel lobby and prestigious shopping malls. Flag fall is Rp7500, every km is Rp4500.

2. Normal taxi, with various brand but always look at the sticker, not the colour (many company has the same colour), using normal sedan, can accommodate 4 persons. Flag fall is Rp6000, every km is Rp3000.

Blue bird reservation, call 021-79171234 (Blue Bird) or 021-7981234 (Silver Bird)

If you're travelling heavily, you can also consider to rent a car with driver. Check out bluebirdgroup.com or Cipaganti car rental. cipaganti.co.id

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contact information for Princess Taxis

Hi

Same as cirque, I never heard such taxi company. Chance is, it is not a public metered taxi but some kind of rent-a-car type. If it is a rent-a-car, unless it is highly recommended by yr friends and they have personal experience, I would go with more reputable company such as Blue Bird Group. Blue bird has rental car company called as Golden Bird. They have mini van such as Toyota Innova which can accomodate family of 6.

Some local car rental/taxi companies can be not really tourist friendly and may have a chance to try to rip you off.

louisiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Contact information for Princess Taxis

Thanks for the feedback. I will try the bluebird group.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,831 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contact information for Princess Taxis

Absolutely. Blue Bird Group is a valid example of reliability and fair attitude to customers (unfortunately Malaysia can not boast this taxi service - LOL).

5. Re: Contact information for Princess Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 17, 2009