We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

louisiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

We are spending 7 days in Jakarta for holiday. We have 4 children ranging ages 3-11 years. We will be taking in kidzania at Pacific Place and hope to do a water park. A few questions:

1. How is the Jakarta waterbom? Is is on par with Bali Waterbom? What are your recommendations for water park?

2. Can you provide me with any information on the safari park that is around Jakarta?

3. What other suggestions for family friendly, kid friendly activities?

We wouldn't mind a daytrip or two given the amount of time we are spending there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Depok
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

1. waterbom in jakarta is great ther is one in BSD is the Largeness waterboom in asia that what they clam. or u can visit altlantis at Ancol or the jungle at bogor those are the most cool waterboon in indonesia. (fron my point of View.

2.safari park in jakarta ther is only a ragunan zoo in Shout jakarta. the safari park are in puncak area its about 120 km form jakarta or 1,5 to 2 hrs trip. in safari park puncak the children can see animal from car. (Recommendation rent driver for safari trip).

3. u can visit DUFAN (dunia fantasi) it just look like disney land in small size. or u can visit historical place lake MONAS(monument nasional=icon of jakarta), Batavia Ford(Kota Tua), and TMII(taman mini indonesia indah) in here we can see the Miniature of indonesia (cultural hoses)from all Province in indonesia.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

Hi

1. IMHO, bali waterbom is slightly better than Jakarta's but of course Jakarta's is pretty good as well. You can take yr kids to the one in BSD (Bumi Serpong Damai) or in Pantai Indah Kapuk in North Jakarta.

2. The best way is to to Safari Garden in Puncak highland resort, they have night safari as well. Recommended for 1 overnight stay. The resort have a hotel attached to the garden. It is around 1.5 hrs drive from Jakarta on weekdays (not weekend/holiday). While you are there, you can visit the tea plantation as well for tea-walk for eco tourism.

3. Jakarta IMO, is basically not a tourist-oriented city, but people may take their children to Dunia Fantasi (mini disneyland-style resort). It is located inside Ancol bay city, while you were there, you can visit Sea World (don't expect something like their counterpart in San Diego or Florida), gelanggang Samudera (sea animals attraction) and Atlantis (similar to Waterbom). It may take 2 days to cover all the venues.

I think it will cover yr 7 days stay in Jakarta....

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

1. There is only ONE Jakarta Waterbom, located at Pantai Indah Kapuk (North Jakarta). This is the same waterbom franchise as in Bali, but Bali Waterbom is better in terms of greenery, crowds, and atmosphere (although Jakarta one has those funnel slide and black hole). The other water parks located in the suburban of Jakarta. There are Ocean Park at Serpong (west of Jakarta, not West Jakarta), The Jungle - waterpark plus birdpark and 4D Theatre located at Bogor Nirwana Residence (south of Jakarta), and Waterboom (notice the double 'o' in the spelling) located at Lippo Cikarang (east of Jakarta). The Jungle is the newest, but Ocean Park is the largest in term of size. I would suggest you to look at the park through their website, compare the facilities and decide which one is more suitable for you.

2. Safari Park is located in West Java, you can have a day trip or maybe spend a night at the nearby safari hotel (They have rooms or caravan) or at any resorts in Puncak area (mountain resort, not far from Safari Park). There is an international hotel such as The Novus www.novuspuncak.com but villas for rent are aplenty.

3. I would suggest 2 places, each take a day to enjoy (at least 4-6 hours). One is Ancol Recreational Park where there are a theme park, a waterpark, a marine wildlife center, a sea world, art market, beaches, and restaurants by the beach under one roof (separate admission applies). The other is Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Garden) which showcases traditional houses of provinces in Indonesia as well as some interesting museums (science museum, transportation museum, freshwater fish museum, etc).

louisiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

Thanks for all the prompt replies. I have lived in Sumatra for the past year and a half and this is my first sightseeing visit to Jakarta. Usually, all I see of the city is the airport during layovers. I am looking forward to the big city! Any other suggestions or general information would be great. I am staying at the Marriott and the Intercontinental. Is there a Catholic church nearby?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

The nearest Catholic Church is Gereja St. Theresia, it's in Menteng area, just besides St. Theresia school. Alternatively, you can go to Cathedral Church (opposite Istiqlal Mosque).

Both churches conduct masses in Bahasa Indonesia.

If you want English mass, you can go to The Chapel at Atma Jaya University (Karol Woytyla, 13th floor, jalan Jenderal Sudirman). This is just few blocks from Intercontinental Midplaza.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
945 posts
1,523 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

Hi,

I would just go to the water park in Ancol and thus save the long trip out to BSD. You could go to Dufan (pretty good amusement park) at the same time.

7. Re: Jakarta in December with 4 children. Some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 27, 2009