We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Topic
1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Hi all,

I planned to go holiday to jakarta and bandung from 28/11/08 till 2/12/08. Already have confirmed air ticket.

Departure from KUL is : 28/11/08 about 6:50pm and arrival at Jakarta around 7:50pm.

Departure from CGK on 2/12/08 8:20pm

Plan to stay 2 nights at jakarta and also 2 nights at Bandung.

Mode of holidays is shoppings and scenic.

My plan is

1. overnight at jakarta on 28/11/08. Next morning travel to Bandung for 2 nights stay there.

2. In Bandung plan to do shopping and visit scenic places like tangkubang perahu, kawah putih, hot spring, waterfall etc.

3. on 1/12/08 leave bandung to jakarta after hotel check-out around 1pm.

4. Stay one night at Jakarta. plan to rest after arrive from bandung. next day, do some shopping before check-out. Then do city tour. after that straight to airport for departure on 2//12/08.

Can someone suggest hotel value for money in jakarta and Bandung.

my tour group is 8 persons (whole family). Husband and wife with 5 sons (4 yrs old till 16 yrs old) and 1 daughter (15 yrs old).

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
1,011 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Hi,

For hotels in Jakarta I suggest you check out; accorhotels.com/hotel-directory/gb/asia/indo…

This site lists all the Accor hotels in Jakarta. There is something there for every budget. I'd particularly recommend any of the Ibis hotels. The best located for tourists is the Ibis Thamrin.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

I recommend you to take apartment style accommodation.

For city center location, you can check out Aryaduta Suites Semanggi. It has wide range of apartment style accommodation from studio to 3-bedroom. It's a 4 star hotel.

Other hotel you might consider is Crowne Plaza Jakarta, although not apartment style, it's a popular hotel for families especially on weekend. Also 4-star.

Both hotel are nearby from each other, in the city center.

You can also check out Hotel Ciputra, attached to the shopping mall (mid-range). Also 4-star. Rates are around RM300 per night.

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Thanks cirque and camsean.

How far Ibis Thamrin from mangga dua mall.

looking for budget accomodation with swimming pool and walk distance to mangga dua. Any suggestion.

My departure time is 8:20pm. what time should i live jakarta city for airport check-in etc.

Say i check-out hotel around 12pm, is it enough for me to take city tour. Normally where do they bring tourist for city tour and how long and cost etc.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

There is Ibis Mangga Dua that meets your requirement. It's considered a budget hotel (3+ star), has swimming pool, and located just besides the Mangga Dua wholesale center. It also has apartments which can fit in all your family members.

From Ibis Tamarin to Mangga Dua wholesale center will take approx 20-30mins by taxi/car, but it can take faster or longer depending on traffic.

Allow 3 hours before departure time to leave the hotel. From Mangga Dua to airport via highway will take less than 1 hour under normal traffic. But afternoon is the time where people going back to work, so there will be a little traffic jam in the area. 3 hours is just approximate but you'll have enough time to do all the process without being in hurry.

What kind of city tour are you looking for? There is a grayline tour you can join, it has many choices. But usually it starts in the morning (8am hotel pick up, 9am tour starts). Some are held for half day and hence there will be 2 tours (morning and afternoon). Check out their website for more information.

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Hi,

what about Bandung. Where to stay? Anybody heard about Wisma GAndapura and Cihampelas hotel. IS it ok?

how far from ciwalk dan FO and food courts?

to complete tour at tangkubang perahu, kawah putih, hot springs and waterfall, can it be done in one day?

what about hire private shuttle van like pregio with supir. how much it cost for one day hire.

Where is good place to shop, FO, distro or mall?

any comments please

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
1,011 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

Hi,

Yes the Cihampelas hotel is close to Ciwalk. You might also want to consider the Aston Tropicana which is right across the road from Ciwalk or the Nalendra hotel which is also nearby.

You could do what you plan in one busy day with your own vehicle. It would be pretty rushed though. I'd recommend Tangkuban Perahu and the hot springs as one day trip and maybe save the rest for another time.

I'm not sure how much a van and driver would cost. You charter a public angkot (minivan) for the day for around rp200,000-300,000.

Other good areas for shopping in bandung include Setiabudhi and there are also many outlets in the the Jalan Riau area and along Jalan Juanda.

7. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:58 am, October 15, 2008
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

How about Aston Rasuna for 2-3 bedroom aprtmnt. Cheaper than having to book 3-4 rooms at 4 star hotel but you still have many of the big hotel facilities. U can use this link http://www.astonrasuna.com

9. Re: 1st time Jakarta & Bandung Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, October 11, 2009