We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Kart in Jakarta

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Go Kart in Jakarta

Hi

I'm heading to Jakarta this coming Friday.

I would like to know , where can i do go karting in Jkt ? how much is it?

I will be staying at Ibis Arcadia.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Ibis Jakarta Arcadia
Ibis Jakarta Arcadia
761 Reviews
Jakarta, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

There are some places:

1. Speedy Karting, located at Jalan MT Haryono, around 30-40minutes drive from Ibis.

2. Mall Artha Gading in North Jakarta (top floor). 1hour+ by highway from Ibis.

Mentioned in this post
Mall Artha Gading
Mall Artha Gading
89 Reviews
Jakarta, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

hi cirque,

i saw a gokarting in the area of Pondok Indah (next to Pondok Indah Golf)... is it still there ?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

You mean the go kart next to Pondok Indah Mall?

It's long time closed, together with the bowling alley.

;p

Mentioned in this post
Pondok Indah Mall
Pondok Indah Mall
193 Reviews
Jakarta, Indonesia
Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

Hi

Thanks guys for the inputs. Do you know how much are the rates for the go karting?

Anyway , I read in the internet that the best place to have seafood in jakarta is at muara karang. Is that true?

How do i go there ? i know definitely by taxi but what should I tell him? :))

Are they open during the day?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

The go karting tariff might vary from place to place. They also have happy hour during daytime (weekdays). On average is around Rp30,000 per 6 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

You can get seafood at Muara Karang because it's cheaper than other place. Most taxi driver knows the place. Just tell him seafood place at muara karang. I also not sure how to describe the exact location. Maybe anyone can help?

I think the place only opens at night. Other place you can get seafood is at Pecenongan. this one is not too far from Ibis. Only open at night also.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

thanks cirque for info abt pondok indah.

too bad it's close as the track was quite good.

seafood muara karang is famous for its cheap.

there're many restaurant in muara karang, mostly owned by chinese. so if you're looking for kosher, then it's not the place.

at one corner of muara karang, there's a Fisherman Village -- tell taxi driver to bring you to Kampong Nelayan.the fishermen sell fresh fishes and they manage to cook it for you. just tell them what kind of dishes do you want (spicy, salty, sour sweet, etc) and they'll do that for you. mostly are buginese (celebes) art of cooking. very interesting!

they cook using coconut shell, and you will seat on the floor. dont miss the mango pineapple salad, darn fresh !

7. Re: Go Kart in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 01, 2009