We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Hello again

I received some good advice previously on Air Asia.

Just wanted to ask about Golden Bird Taxi.

The hotel Im staying in is called the Sultan Hotel and they told me they use Golden Bird and charge to the room which is fine.

Is Golden Bird a good company ? Has anyone got experience of them ?

Thanks alot...

Englishman abroad

Jon

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Hi Jon,

Golden Bird is a brand for limousine service by Blue Bird Group www.bluebirdgroup.com

So far they are the most reliable transport company in Jakarta (especially for the taxis).

If you want to save some money, you can opt to take their budget taxi (called Blue Bird) or premium taxi (called Silver Bird) which run by meter.

They have counter at Jakarta airport arrival hall as well as most 4/5 star hotels and reputable shopping malls. In 5 star hotels such as The Sultan, the taxis are all Silver Bird.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
38 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Hi Jon ,

You may make Airport Pickup advance booking via this link:

http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/reservations.php

Good Luck on your travel.

Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Hi,

My family is planning to go to Jakarta on 11th June. There would be 7 of us :4 adults and 3 children. Is it cheaper to get 2 blue bird taxis or 1 van from the golden bird? Destination: airport to Ibis tamarin Hotel.Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Hi fam73, I think it would be cheaper if you take Golden Bird services. Their Toyota Avanza or Toyota Innova can fit your family. Of course the latter would be more expensive.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Anyone know what the cost is for the Golden Bird limo (airport to downtown Jakarta)?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
293 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

use the silverbird taxi service part of the bluebird group.-and excellent. my recollection from last year is that it would be in the region of 150000---200000 rph including tolls and depending on traffic. maybe as in all things fuel related it may have gone up considerably since then

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Yes, the taxi meter fare has rose but not significantly. So yeah, taxis are still the best option for cheap and reliable transportation mode.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

FYI....

I took a Bluebird taxi last week.

The taxi fare from CGK airport to downtown is about 120,000R and the tolls amounted to another 10,000 total for three separate tolls booths.

I stopped by the Golden Bird booth first and was quoted 150,000 for the least expensive vehicle model.

Depok
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

Golden taxi are the Exclusive class from Blue Bird group they are use Mercedes C class...

and they have a good reputable in taxi business.

Depok
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: golden bird taxi from airport - Indonesia

hello fam73

my be u can tray tiara from taxi express group they use toyota Alphard or VW Caravelle i thik its big enough. it can take 7-9 Passenger.