We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in Jakarta, during the day

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in Jakarta, during the day

Is there anything else to do in Jakarta during the day, besides going to the mall or movies?

I'm an indonesian living in US, taking my american husband to Jakarta this may. He doesn't like malls.

He likes history channel and sports. Any suggestion what he can do during the day?

(while I hang out with my indonesian friends that don't speak english, I don't wanna take him so he won't feel weird).

We're going clubbing at night, I just need suggestion for day activities.

Thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

Take him to see museums. If he like to make something, Mueum Seni Rupa has ceramic workshop, museum tekstil can teach the guest of batik making. If you want many activities during a day, take him to Taman Mini.

What sports he likes to play? There are plenty golf courses around Jakarta, bring him to waterparks (i can name at least 3; waterbom pantai indah kapuk, waterboom lippo cikarang, ocean park BSD), going to sea world, paintball, go kart, bowling, and tons others.

Or take him to Bogor, Bandung, Carita beaches, pulau seribu...

Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

Great ideas on go kart and paintball. Maybe rock climbing? Is the paintball place in kemang still open?

He also likes outer space stuff (UFO and all). Probably not so much history of arts and craft.

Thank you for the suggestions. Those are great ideas.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

I pass the go kart place in Kemang a year ago and it's still open (don't know about it again now). In Alam Sutra Tangerang, there is also one place, Patriot.

For go karting, you can go to Lippo Karawaci or MT Haryono. The one in Pondok Indah I think close already.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

One more thing, outer space stuff... a bit hard to find it here.

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

I would show him the beautiful areas outside of jakarta and maybe also introduce him to the yummy indonesian cuisine. there is alot of history all over indonesia, learn it first hand instead of just watching the history channel. any fishing available? how about tennis.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

The nearest place to fish is to rent a boat to kepulauan seribu (Thousand Islands).

If you're on a tight budget, go to fish at Mauk (outer Jakarta).

Alternatively, many Sundanese Restaurants in West java (on the way to Bandung) offer the guests some fishing pond on which you can fish and they will directly cook your catch.

Tennis is abundant and you can find it in most of the hotels (be a hotel guest/fitness center member of the hotel) and sports club.

Some sports club in Jakarta offers multiple facilities such as swimming, sauna, badminton, bowling, tennis, squash, and futsal.

Mentioned in this post
Thousand Islands
Thousand Islands
Java, Indonesia
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
7. Re: what to do in Jakarta, during the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, September 24, 2009