We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Hello,

I will arrive in Jakarta next 6th at midnight, and I have a flight to Denpasar on 7th morning (10:00hs). Is a good idea to sleep in a hotel next to city town?. Because hotels close to the airport I only found 2 (One quality bandara and one Sheraton), which are quite expensive for my budget.

What can I do?. Take a taxi to town, and then in the morning back to airport?. There are no much problems with the traffic Jam?

If i stay in the city, which would be the best area?.

Please let me know.

Many thanks

Ariel

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Hi,

may i know how much is your budget?!? Maybe you can take some hotels which is located in the city, but then you should take into account the transportation fee.

Here is my estimation if you stay at hotels in the city:

1. return transport fee by taxi (metered) Rp200,000 - Rp300,000 (depending on traffic). Please allow 3 hours travelling time from your scheduled departure time (1000hrs)

2. hotel rates might range from Rp500,000 above (for standard 3 star hotel)

The standard 3-star you can choose:

1. Ibis Slipi www.ibishotel.com, best internet rates goes from USD42 (excluding tax)

2. Hotel Menara Peninsula

3. Twin Tower Hotel

4. Ibis Kemayoran Rp374,000 nett for 1 night stay in superior room in early December 2007, book through www.airasia.com (select accommodation only, the 'bed' tab on the top of booking menu)

If you found the rates are almost the same as Sheraton Bandara or Airport Hotel (which i'm not sure it's still a Quality Hotel Group property or not), then it is wiser to stay at airport hotel. (hassle free and free shuttle service - only for sheraton)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Hi, some amendment to my reply:

The hotel in number 3 hould be Twin Plaza Hotel, not Twin Tower Hotel, www.twinplazahotel.co.id

Superior room is Rp500,000 (should be the published rates, contact the hotel or your preferred travel agent for best rates).

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Hi Cirque,

thank you very much for your reply.

I finally booked at Ibis Arcadia. I have read that they have a great location, so, considering that I will be in Jakarta only some hours, I would like to at least see a part of the city while on the taxi.

I did called this misterious Quality Hotel on the airport but they have no place, and the Sheraton is more than Ibis plus 2 taxis, so no way.

Even though the accomodation issue is solved, I wanna add one more question if you allow it. I know the taxi that i shoould take (Blue bird, right?), but considering that my plane arrives at 23:45, will i have the chance to make a round close to my hotel to go to one pub or restaurant or is too late?.

Thanks Again

Ariel

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

Well, luckily Ibis Arcadia is located in the tourist spot with some nightlife scene that opens till late. The McDonald's at Sarinah Building (some 5 mins walk from hotel) opens 24 hours. There are also some pubs and cheap eateries along Jalan Sabang and Jalan Jaksa (a famous backpackers place) that might be still open by the time you arrive there. The Starbucks opposite the McDonald's also opens 24 hours. So no need to worry about that...

Either you wanna to go to hotel and go to eat (on foot) or ask the taxi drivers to stop en route, the choice is yours.

And the good news is there is no such thing as midnight surcharge for taxi ride in Jakarta. (remember, only take BLUE BIRD TAXI for your safety).

Regards,

cirque

montreal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

The Sheraton is expensive but not so much if you book at the hotel counters at the airport. It is worth the price. Definitly an international class hotel.

Ibis arcadia is a rat whole.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

OMG dodih... I can't believe you're comparing apples with grapes... Until the end of the day they'll never be the same! Plus, ari9777 thought that Sheraton is quite expensive for his budget (how low can the rates go if you buy it through hotel counter at airport?)

Btw thanks for dropping by to write a few words to the forum's post which dated back from 2007.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

cirque.... you really putting in the most correct way :)

Subang Jaya
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

FM7 hotel is nice too.. and much nearer to the airport compared to Ibis Arcadia which is located in the city centre.

I've stayed in Ibis Arcadia (std room) and found that room is a bit small. But since you're staying only for one night, just give it a go.. :)

Subang Jaya
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

OMG.. didnt realize that 1st posting was made back in 2007! haiiiyahhh..

10. Re: Hotel near Jakarta Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 14, 2009