We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Hye, I'm planning to do a back packing travel in Indonesia...I will be visiting Jakarta, Bandung, Yogjakarta, Surabaya and intend to use train as my main transportation method.

So I want to know whether it is possible for me to buy the train ticket for all destinations that I intend to go, from one station only (I will start my traveling at Gambir station, Jakarta)? I already check the train time tables and already arrangged my itinerary...so if this is possible I can just buy the ticket for all destinations from one station only which is Gambir.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Hi fadzioriq,

Unfortunately, at each station you can only buy tickets for trains leaving at that station, up to 30 days ahead.

The best policy is to buy your ticket for the next leg on arrival at each station.

Or, if you prefer, order your tickets online at: https://tiket.kereta-api.co.id/, using a credit card. Be sure to keep proof of payment which you can exchange for a ticket at the station of departure.

Theo

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Okay then...thanks mate.

With regard to the online reservation, I heard that the train reserving website cannot accept foreign credit card, right? I'm from Malaysia btw~

Edited: 10:22 pm, February 14, 2014
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Hi. Some members in this forum post they use tiket.com to buy train tickets. You will get a confirmed e-ticket which you change for the train ticket at the station at least 30 minutes before departure. You can check the price from the KAI website and compare it with tiket.com price. I have not booked using tiket.com though.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Hi,

Yes, it used to be so that one needed a credit card on an Indonesian bank to buy a ticket on the PJKA website.

However, yesterday I tried it out as far as possible without doing a real booking. And I got as far as where the website asks at what country the credit card was issued.

So, try it out. If they don't accept cards from all countries, Malaysia should be among the first they accept.

Theo

Jakarta, Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

hi .. i think you can buy the ticket when you arrive in the destination city

for example : when you arrived in jakarta, you can buy the ticket on several day before you go to bandung (e.g)

when you arrived in bandung, you can buy the ticket before you go to yogya

but if im not wrong, indonesian station is integrated by Internet, so you can buy them online at any station

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

Thanks guys for the info. At least it clears some of my doubt~

I will try to buy from the train website first, then if cannot I will try via tiket.com as suggested.

7. Re: Buying Train Ticket for all destinations in one station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 17, 2015