We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby supplies in Bali

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Baby supplies in Bali

Hi. We've just booked a holiday to Bali in April and will be taking our 2 sons, 6yrs & 22 months at time of travel, with us. Can I get decent nappies at the local shops there instead of carting a bucket load of them with us? We usually use Huggies but am not too fussed on brand.

sydney
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

Hi Burra

Most supermarket would have those baby stuff, Bintang supermaket in seminyak , matahari, or Cosco " Makro"

so No worry

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

Fantastic. I much prefer to get things there - besides, I'll need to get supplies for the minibar anyway!

Thanks again :)

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

you know its funny , you never see a balinese baby in a nappy ! i noticed that the last 2 times we were there , lucky you already got your answer , cause i wasnt sure , but now i think of it ,the big matahari in kuta sells all baby item 10 times cheaper than you can buy them here , even the baby powder ! johnson & johnson , cussons , i stock up on all my toiletries and bring them home with me and save heaps.

pack very lightly , you can buy them clothes for nearly nothing , and leave heaps of room in your suitcases for all the stuff you find that you will want to stock up on, pack for 3 days max , buy the rest while your there, for a few dollars.

i think they do have huggies too you know !

good luck carting the little one around......

cheers

battling

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

Thanks Battling - that sets my mind to rest. I would rather bring the very basics & do as you suggest, stock up on everything while we're there. You're right about balinesse babies never wearing nappies. ...what do you think they're mothers do??

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

wash a lot of undies ! hahaha

i got chatting 1 day while i was having my hair plaited , to a lady with a baby girl who was only 8 months old , every time i saw her she had undies on , i was amazed , as i thought my grandaughter will not be in undies by the time she is 8 months old , well now she is 17mnths old and she is still in nappies.

i think we could all learn a lot from the balinese mums and save a tonne of money from nappies in the mean time!

i think they also let the pee where they stand too , just rip the undies off , & off they go ...ahhhhhhhhhhh the freedom of bali.

cheers

batt

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

The concept of peeing wherever you want in Bali?? I thought that was restricted only to the swim up bar happy hour? You know the guys that stay at the bar for about 3 hours drinking jug after jug of beer and never getting out to go pee?? Scary thought huh?

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

ohhhhhhhhhhhh thanks

i think you just turned me off the swimming pools for ever !

lol , lol , im actually staying at a villa with a private pool this year , then 2 days in a hotel / s. might skip the pool then i think .....

im not usually in the water that long .

where are you staying ? what date are you going ?

Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

Well, hopefully if our travel agent can get their stuff in a pile, i think we will be going for the Easter holidays. Flying out Sat. 7th April, returning 14th April. We've really splashed out and are spending the whole week at the Ritz Carlton new Cliff villas. Any opinion on the

resort? Its my 40th birthday tomorrow (sob) and this will be my pressie.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

well happy 40th ,

i was 40 last april and believe me its all down hill now !! ...lol

omg ! a 22month old at 40 , how do you cope ?i have a 17 month old and she runs me ragged just with a visit !

i havent stayed at that hotel so i can help you there.

i will be leaving bali on the 8th april, late at night, we fly into syd on my birthday ! then have a long drive to port macquarie all on the same day ....yukk

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby supplies in Bali

that should have read

i have a 17month old "grandaughter" and she runs me ragged just on a visit.