We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FS Jimbaran Bay overlooks the airport???!

NY
14 posts
Save Topic
FS Jimbaran Bay overlooks the airport???!

I have learnt that all the villas overlook the airport, so I guess you watch planes flying in all day...??

I had booked my first 3 nights of honeymoon there, the villas look lovely, but think I will have to change.....since I am supposed to be on a remote tropical island away from it all !!!

Does anyone know bad is the proximity to the airport and can you see planes?

Thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
46 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: FS Jimbaran Bay overlooks the airport???!

My only experience of Jimbaran Bay is at a seafood restaurant on the beach after dark. Absolutely no doubt about the aircraft, the sky seemed full of them - about every few minutes either taking off or landing.

I have no experience of dayliight hours flying, but remember this is an International Airport.

If you truly want an intrusion free beach side holiday, don't go there. Think about Sanur, or Legian or Seminyak, or even way north.

Good luck

Nevl

Paris, France
Level Contributor
89 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: FS Jimbaran Bay overlooks the airport???!

Friends of mine are just back from Bali.

They stayed first at FS Sayan and then moved to FS Jimbaran where they only stayed one night (airport noise and ugly beach, they said)... so they ran back to the FS Sayan...

NY
14 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: FS Jimbaran Bay overlooks the airport???!

Thanks for the info.....

I'm going to the East coast (Amankila) to ensure tranquility, then on to FS Sayan..

cheers