We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights UK - BAli

Peterborough, UK
13 posts
Save Topic
Cheap flights UK - BAli

Looking for an airline with good value flights to Bali from London, UK

Manchester, U.K.
Level Contributor
30 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights UK - BAli

Hi Zoe,

Depends when you're going really. You can occasionally get good deals with Singapore Airlines - my preferred airline - whilst at other times they are the most expensive. Malaysian Airlines and Thai Airways also fly to Bali, usually with a stopover in Kuala Lumpur/Bangkok. I went this time with Royal Brunei, and had to stay overnight in Brunei (not a bad thing), and that was pretty reasonable, although my boyfriend booked the same flight a couple of months later and paid three times the price I did - best to book quite far in advance!

Not sure if Garuda (Indonesian airline) still fly from London. You might have to fly to Amsterdam to pick it up, but they are usually cheaper than the major airlines.

Good luck anyway!

Feebee

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights UK - BAli

Hi there!

Unfortunately, Garuda no longer fly into any port in Europe - which is a shame, because they provided great service and comfort for long-haul flights at very reasonable prices.

These days Garuda have a code-share agreement with Malaysian Airlines, so you will fly from LHR into Kuala Lumpar with Malaysian Airlines and then fly onto Denpasar with either Malaysia Airlines or Garuda, direct or via Jakarta, depending on the time of day. The fares are still reasonably cheap. Garuda have a web-site in London and in Amsterdam, both of which provide fares and timetables for this deal.

I'm booked to fly from Bali to Amsterdam in December 2005, and found a cheap deal that combines Garuda with KLM - fly Garuda from Denpasar to Singapore, then KLM from Singapore to Amsterdam.

A staff member from Garuda here in Brisbane told me that Garuda were considering re-introducing flights into Amsterdam, but not till towards the end of this year.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights UK - BAli

Hi,

I'm going on Royal Brunei soon, can anyone tell me if it is good. We are going from Jakarta and it cost only $5000 AUD forom there. Please tell me if Royal Brunei is good or bad in the following areas:

Check-in

Boarding

Seats

Food

Entertaiment

Time-Keeping

Service and

Value for Money

Please answer my question as it would be a great help to me.

Thanks