We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali nearby countries

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
Bali nearby countries
Save

I'll be in Bali December timeframe. Would be interested to go to nearby countries . One to see more of Asia as its a long flight from USA. And 2 flying out of dps to USA is pretty expensive. So if I can hop to nearby country major city, I perhaps can get cheaper flight back to USA.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Maybe Singapore, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia or Bangkok ,Thailand.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
32 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Maybe even Australia too??

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
25,988 posts
61 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Or just spend more time in Indonesia...there's many islands.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
337 reviews
327 helpful votes
4. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

How long do you have? That will help us suggest some places.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia, Indonesia, Bangkok
Level Contributor
25,803 posts
161 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Have a look at sky scanner. That might help your decision.

Just a thought however, that time of year is peak season for tourism so you would be wise to make a quick decision and then book, both flights and accommodation.

6. Re: Bali nearby countries

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:59 am, September 11, 2015
Kerobokan Kelod...
Level Contributor
11,807 posts
197 reviews
188 helpful votes
7. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Hi,

December weather is pretty good in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia, so those might be good choices if you get rained on too much on Indonesia.

December is high season all the way around Asia especially Christmas week and new year so book flights and hotels asap as they will already be expensive and options getting more limited.

Cheers

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
8. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

Thank guys. We are thinking of going to Phuket in Thailand or Philippines. Are there any cruise ships/ferry that goes there?

Dhaka City...
1 post
9. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

10 days

Englewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: Bali nearby countries
Save

I'm also from the US and I'm flying from Bali to Cambodia. It was pretty cheap, much cheaper than our flight to Bali. We stopover in Bangkok for a day.

Edited: 5 years ago
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.