We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

Trying to put through a flight for Air Asia on my 28 degrees card and for some reason it is being declined. I have called 28 degrees but its not their side as the account has money in it and is activated for overseas transactions anyway. Called AA but got no help apart from them manually wanting to do it and charge me ;). Anyone else had this issue? Only thing I could think of was they asked for the 'card issuer'... I tried both 28 degrees and GE Capital Finance with little success... any other tips? I am pretty sure I have paid for it before with exactly the same card and no issues!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region
Level Contributor
12,577 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

Yes this happens for some reason or other. I once booked a several flight trip successfully on AA except for one flight in the middle which could not go through. You can call their service center and the person there can book you on the phone in a pinch.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

I had this issue once with AA and rang them and said the problem was their end. I refused to pay anything extra because their website wasn't working, anyway they did it their end and I didn't pay any extra for it. It's worth a try

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

I find best to use the paypal option as no fees added

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

Use a different card -we always book AA and often have card problems, we just use a different card and its works.

Bunbury,Western...
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

I had this issue when trying to book one way from Bali to Perth. Because it was AA Indonesia site it wouldn't give me the paypal option and also wouldn't accept my Bank of Queensland visa debit card. Phone calls to them and the bank and no joy so paid with my Citibank visa debit plus and it went through. Apparently it is because AA don't recognise BOQ but if u r using a 28 degrees mastercard which is essentially the same as my Citibank then I'm not sure what the issue could be

6. Re: Creditcard not processing for AA. Anyone else having issues?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 19, 2016