We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Hi people,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what markets are in Legian, Kuta and Seminyak?

Thank you :)

perth
Level Contributor
768 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Shopping markets

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Don't know about Seminyak, but there are plenty of markets along melasti st, just before Legian rd, and kuta art markets are just past matahari's in Kuta square and before heading down kartika plaza st

melbourne
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

I would call most of the shopping in Kuta and Legian market shopping. I don't know that there's a specific market area.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Oh ok. Are they like the undercover areas in Thailand where shop owners have small stores?

I will be going to Ubud market but was looking for the shopping areas closer to where I'm staying.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

They are shops with all their goods hanging out the front and the trying to get you in talk haha! They are all over Legian and Kuta, there's also poppies lane 1 & 2 in Kuta which is packed full of shopping, cheap replica items. Seminyak and Seminyak end of Legian has a lot of boutiques where there is no haggling, set price oh and they have a door on their shop so you know the difference!

SansSouci
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
6. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Wake Bali Art Market, Bali souvenir items etc, Jl Kartika Plaza (undercover)

Kuta Art Market (closer to Kuta Square)clothing eg children's, adults/men/women shorts, t/shirts, hats, thongs, bags, sunnies, paintings, souvenirs etc.

Legian Art Market cnr Jl Sahadewa (Garlic Lane) & Jl Melasti Legian

Bali Merchant Markets, Friday, Sat & Sunday, Kayu Aya Square/Seminyak (Seminyak Square end)

Fixed price handicraft centres & all are undercover,

Ungagi

Biarritz

Geneva

Krisna Oleh-Oleh

Golden Buffalo (brass/metal figures)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

Bali Markets:

1.Kumbasari market in Denpasar (Also material market in Silawati Str. Next to market)

2.Sukawati tourist market in Sukawati. (Pagi Sukawati market for business but you can still buy, must get there early closes about 11.30am.)

3.Ubud in Main Street of Ubud. Also heaps of shops selling almost everything, including silver, paintings etc.

4.Kuta beach markets. Large market area. basically Kuta square.

5.Sanur Beach markets. (4 different markets on the beach).

(I have listed few market areas; however there are many others, located in various areas. Example: Tanah Lot temple (temple in the sea) large market area.

Enjoy your shopping and bargaining.

Edited: 2:18 am, January 26, 2015
8. Re: Markets in Legian, Kuta, Seminyak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 28, 2016