We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

30sat

Tried to sleep in, but awake at 7, I went on the net while Les snoozed..till 8 .why can’t we sleep in? have no trouble at home, never out of bed before 10 in winter unless we’re off out.

Added bacon and eggs to our brekky today 90k,

Went across the road for a facial and manicure, lovely, but I can never get them dry without ruining one. 4 coats, with base and top!! I only ever do 2 at home so drys quicker.

Packed, weighed…again..just to make sure, looks like we’re under!!! Just haha

Watching some footy, well he is, me I have the midwives.

All packed bar the ciggys and lighter. Everything fits,pain in the bum having to carry my winter jacket and a blanky but its usually cool on the train and it will be about 2 degrees when we get home at 1am Monday morning!!

Did the online check in thing, as you can see what seat they’ve allocated and change it..sooo glad I did, they had us in the middle of the middle row of 4 seats with a person either side of us. Didn’t know where to sit though ,so chose not near the loo and not near the galley.

Decided to eat at “home’ and chose the Porch restaurant out the front of Flashbacks. Steakburger with egg for me and chicken pie for him, with a sprite each, was 185k. too full for dessert and the butterflies have started.

Sat around the pool but couldn’t swim because of tattoos, so watched some footy, more midwife and twiddled our thumbs till driver arrived at 7. Flight wasn’t till 11pm, but hubby is always early, always. He had started packing for this trip when we booked the flights over 12 months ago!!

Went on the new toll, driver wanted to know if we wanted to go that way, if so,we have to pay the toll,no problem, let’s try it out. Wish I had seen it of a day time, it looks amazing. The lights look pretty from the air too .

Found a trolley without a porter and piled our 2 huge suitcases, box with the two 3 tiered umbrellas, and wooden angel/luck god statue inised it, 2 backpacks and cockcage on to it and straight to check in. 2 male staff, just as you enter the checkout counter asked if we had alcohol in our bags, not in carry on ,I said but 2 large bintang in the checked in luggage. “Oh no you cannot have, must buy it on other side” ..me..huh?my husband said no, we were told we can take it, and its allowed in Australia 2.5L each….and they let us through!!

I had a bit of a panic as I couldn’t find plane eticket in my bag, no problem madam you checked in online…Phew!

Do we want vacant seats either side of us? He wanted us to pay extra for this, no thanks, (what’s to say we pay and then someone books a ticket at the last minute? )

DAMN WE ARE 1KG OVER WIEGHT those bathroom scales were out!!! No worries, check in man says he will give to us for free………..then 5 mins later says have you got $10 maybe? Nope sorry, no money left only exit tax. His shoulders sagged, but he had already put it through as free and the bags gone on belt.

Wound our way through all the duty free shopping and through the x ray machines with no problem other than Les’s shorts, the metal in the studs and eyelet decorations set off the machine(same happened in Sydney but he forgot) next thing he is surrounded and has wand thingy waved over him a few times, they zero on the shorts, “empty your pockets sir”…”they are empty” oh.. wave the wandy thing a bit more, realise, yes it is the studs and we go through…..but I went through with my lighter…hubby was scared I was going to blow up the plane and took it and threw it over to them haha

So we head to the gated area, we hadn’t been given one as we were pretty early but by the time we got over there, we were gate 5. Bloody hell only smoking room is gate 2…which is a hell of a long way from gate 5 on dodgy feet…sigh. I had one on the way past and one during our 3 hour wait.

They have doubled the size of the smoking room which means twice as many people puffing away and the extractor fans are still useless haha, so you really don’t need to light up. There is usually a helpful person who can’t stand it and holds the door open for some air haha

Boarding was easy, though Les way ahead of me and gave both boarding passes, so when I finally hobbled up, I had no boarding pass, but they let me on.

The seats I chose were in a great spot,yay. But something was amiss with my seat, the part under back of your knee was sloped too far downward and the sponge was moving, no way could I sit there for 6 hours. Asked the hostess could I move forward one as they had given the announcement for shutting the doors. No problem so long as we both moved, yes that’s right. About 30 seconds after parking our bums a young couple came and we were in their seats…oops, explained, and they were happy to sit in seats in front which were exit seats…”bargain, leg room “

The seats in the A200 are a bit smaller than in the newer A300 that we flew over in, I know I put on weight in Bali but still …..the other plane was comfier. Still managed to sleep, didn’t see a whole movie, crashed out and woken by the breakfast trolley by the time all eaten and packed up, we were almost in Sydney.

Sometime during the flight, a passenger was ill and they called for passengers who were nurses or doctors, I didn’t put my hand up, I’m a nurse but out of practice, but a doctor was on board,so all good. Dang ,all that watching call the midwife had refreshed my memory, I could have helped someone give birth if needed hahaha

Due the nature of the womans illness, we were asked to stay on board while Quarantine decided if she was chatchy or not.

Apparently she wasn’t so we were allowed off a few mins later, made our way to collect baggage, all there quickly, but no cock cage, so sent to “wheres my item booth 2” and as she is making the report it comes across walkie talky that it’s been seen at #14,so back there, just had to wait a bit for it to come through and we were away and to customs. Les straight through, but the machine didn’t like my passport so I had to get in the special assistance line. No problem, or if there was he didn’t say. We ticked the boxes for medications,peanuts and weapons.Scripted meds fine,Did we pick the nuts ourselves? Nope, they are fine. Could we show him what’s in the box, yup, had a look at the wood, all good, kitchen knives are fine, all good go home !!!

Outside… in OZ! boohoo….Dang no lighter…find a smoker and light up …ahhhhhh….(the smokers understand this haha)

The taxi maze is amazing, up around down, up around down, must walk a mile to go twenty feet haha, taxi to country trains $54. I MISS BALI ALREADY

Taxi driver chatty, he is Indian and the stupid one in his family… his father told him so. His father was a politician and a philosopher, actually I think I pretty much know most of his life story hahaha You may not find this taxi driver next week, his friend got him a job in a pathology, he could be taking your blood instead !!!

The next 9 and a half hours is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahrgh, waiting waiting, walked up to pizza hut for lunch, which is much further away up hill than I remember!! Maybe it moved? I swear it was only a few doors up from the chinese items shop,you know the one, red surrounds, and lots of oriental goodies. But no its up with hungry jacks and subway, 4 blocks away. Killed 2 hours eating slowly in there haha

Back to the waiting waiting room. Soooo many homeless people, hogging the powerpoint bench to charge phones and ipads….yes you read ipad right. Most people waiting for the train went into the next door waiting room and left them in there as they were quite at home and didn’t leave except to pee I presume, all day and evening.

Train on time, settled in, had quick snack then crashed until woken at about 12.30am coming into our town..

SIL met us and dragged half the bags for us, and 2 mins later we are home sweet home.

Les had to unpack the bags and show off some of his goodies purchased and give daughter and SIL gifts. Daughter remembers him doing this when when she came with us to Bali in 2010.Think we were in bed about 3am!

Grandtwinnies woke me up early, I could here giggling and shhhh

I got up, let les sleep in, he doesn’t get much sleep on the flight and train, so he was pretty much awake for 24 hours .

Twinnies excited to see Nanny and kept knocking on the door looking for Poppa

And life goes back to normal.

A big big huge THANKYOU to everyone who has come along for the ride and shared our holiday in Bali with us, it’s been a pleasure writing it and knowing you were enjoying it by your comments was a truly wonderful feeling. Meeting two of the members who comment was the icing on the cake!!

I will be following all your HNR’s and JBR’s as usual as it keeps me there, just a little, and helps the memories last longer.

Any questions on anything I bought or anywhere we went, just drop me a pm. I have facebook if anyone would like to join us, send me a pm here and I’ll send you the link.

I enjoy writing, and will adapt this to a blog with pictures over the next few weeks as I have time and ill post the link to the forum.

Kind regards everyone ………

SAMPAI JUMPA

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,445 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

Thanks Beemay, I've enjoyed all of your reports and I sincerely hope you continue to post on this forum to help other travellers with tips and recommendations. Your enthusiasm is an adrenaline shot in the arm of the forum.

Thanks for spending your holiday with us all.

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

thanks :) i definatley will, this place is like a little bit of Bali :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

Oh Beemay, I am going to miss you..thanks for all the helpful info:)

24. Re: hnr Day30 Last Day ...Boo Hoo :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 04, 2015