Hi to everyone on the Bali forum!
We are heading back to Bali again in September for 12 nights and March 2015 for 10 nights (accom sorted for that trip - canggu).
Now - we have always stayed in Seminyak/Kerobokan/Umalas area on previous trips. Love everything about the area - especially the food, food, food; but also the bars and spas! I love the fact that I know where to go and good places to eat but that there are always new fabulous options. Seminyak is a real holiday because we can just relax and feel at home straight away. I have been able to book for the last 7 nights in the villa I wanted to stay in in Seminyak - yay! But they are fully booked for the first 5 - boo!
Could this be a good opportunity to explore another side of Bali? And if so, I would really like your advice. I'm travelling with my husband and 10yo daughter so these are a few options I'm considering:
* Mother of the year award - by booking either Padma or Hard Rock and going kid-crazy! Benefit would be that we would not be stuck in the resort but is it really far enough from Seminyak to be considered a change?
* Family time in Sanur - no idea where to stay if this is the chosen destination so advice would be great. The idea of cycling up and down the beach sounds great!
* We like to do a day trip to Finns or the Rock Bar; so maybe stay at Rimba? I see it has a waterslide which my daughter would love but I am concerned that I would feel 'stuck' in the resort.
* Nusa Dua - again I'm concerned that we would get a bit 'stuck'.
* Ubud - again, not sure where to stay but would want to be fairly central to get out and explore. We have done a day trip there on a previous trip to Bali but I've never really had the urge to stay there though.
Thanks in advance. I've just spent 3 hours reading back the last 2 months on the forums and now I am SO excited to be going on holiday again!