We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interested to know :)

Portland, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
interested to know :)

What is your FAVOURITE thing you have done/seen that you would recommend as a MUST do?

least favourite?

strangest/weirdest?

Look forward to your replies

:)

Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: interested to know :)

water taxi ride and snorkeling from the taxi around Lembongan and surrounding islands.Not to be missed.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,632 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: interested to know :)

The best thing is easy for me to choose: Attending a ceremony at a Balinese temple, or a cremation or one of the wonderful rituals going on in temples.

Another would be attending a gamelan /dance/wayang kulit /topeng dance performance in a temple setting.

All the other things...water sports, eating, even rice fields etc you can see in other countries. But the amazing Balinese Hindu culture is only really authentically found in Bali

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
874 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: interested to know :)

Hike up Mt Batur to see the sun rise.

And best free thing I have done, seeing the sunrise over Sanur beach, I live in West Australia so a sunrise like this was super special for me.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: interested to know :)

I like the little things, for me the devil is in the detail; sitting in a beach cafe in Lovina looking at the volcanoes of Java on the horizon is a feast for the eyes to a city boy. Similarly watching a huge thunder and lightning storm as nature puts on a light show on an evening.

I like the way the Balinese decorate their statues with frangipani and the black and white kain poleng cloth.

Watching a simple morning blessing is still a joy.

It's nice to see the kids and teens don't have their noses stuck in their smart phone, and they're just still kids.

Edited: 8:04 am, June 07, 2014
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
921 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: interested to know :)

Being the only bule among 500 locals at a cock fighting tournament in a jungle in the hills in lovina. Drinking warm bintang ¦( with the sun beating down on us and it was so hot and dusty there i could hardly breathe. Watching a fight break out between the army and police over claims of cheating in a card game, being told by my mate made to stsrt running further into the jungle if they brought out their machine guns and started shooting up the place ( thankfully they didn't).

adelaide
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: interested to know :)

Swimming with the dolphins was fantastic!!

Went to a lady boy show was hilarious at the beach shack bar

Portland, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: interested to know :)

Great replies any more?? :P

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: interested to know :)

Best - Diving with manta rays at Manta Point

Not so great - the 40+ other divers who were there as well when we went again in August (yes there were that many I counted).

9. Re: interested to know :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 16, 2015