We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

Hey!

I was wondering which beach is a good beach to learn to surf on. My boyfriend and I are interested in taking a lesson or two but have never surfed a day in our lives.

Also! Which beaches would you recommend for laying out and swimming? I understand some beaches are geared more towards experienced surfers and are not ideal for swimming.

I want to check out Suluban if only just for looks, it looks so nice over there! Anywhere else?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

For your surfing lessons and to learn how to surf anywhere between Kuta and Seminyak would be the most suitable. There's dozens of instructors to assist you and no coral and rocks to be concerned with. Kuta and Legian are great to lay out on and watch the passing parade.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

As the above poster said, kuta area is perfect to learn how to surf. Just be careful of other surfers too, ive seen many injuries from the stray surf boards of others not using a leg rope. No shortage of instructors there. Great stretch of beach for relaxing, and great for sunset drinks. In regards to swimming, just be aware that there are strong rips in the surf, if you are not strong swimmers (like myself), swim between the flags and don't go out to far. Have fun learning to surf!!

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

A great beach to visit for a sunbathe and swim is Padang Padang near Uluwatu. Beautiful beach and a great area to explore, this would be a great day out. Not great for beginner surfers so stick to Kuta for that. Have fun.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

For something special take a trip to White Sand Beach near Candi Dasa. Candi Dasa is about 2 1/2 drive from the Kuta area. I would suggest a couple of days to really enjoy White Sand Beach. There is also a link on the top right hand side of the forum about Bali beaches.

5. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 14, 2015