We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much money

Northcote, null...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
how much money

Hi, Im planning a 10 day trip to Baili in September and was wondering how much money to take? Would 1000 Nz dollars/ around 850 us be enough or would I need more?

Perth
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much money

My husband and I budget around AUD $100.00 per day. Depending on what you are going to do, ie, day trips, shopping, lazing around the pool, eating out, day spa treatments, it evens out to around that amount. I would keep some cash in your bank account, so that if you are running short, then you can access an ATM, just in case. By your photo you look loads younger than us, so also take into account partying and clubbing (just jealous!)

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much money

We are 2 adults and 2 kids and didn't do much shopping at all, but we had massages everyday, spent $40AUD for breakfast, $50 for lunch and $80-$100 for dinner. We wanted to try restaurants so we knew that it would still be cheaper than going to a restaurant back home(which for dinner is normally $200). So for us we needed about $250AUD per day, that is just food and spa treatments. It does depend on what you want to do. We did spend a lot of time in the pool with the kids.

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much money

A lot will depend on how you're travelling - alone, or with family/friends etc. Also, if your hotel includes breakfast. And what your drinking habits are.

Assuming there are two of you with a similar budget, and that breakfast is included at your hotel you should be fine, unless you drink a lot of cocktails or wine etc. The cost of day trips will be shared. If you plan on visiting a few attractions, perhaps you could allow a bit extra for entry costs.

Cost of meals can be as much, or as little as you want them to be. We generally budget $aud50-70 per day for 2 people, depending on the area we'e staying and that includes a bottle of local wine each evening. Most places we go to allow BYO. We never spend anything like the amount budgeted.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much money

Tours will eat up your budget. If you are taking NZ$1000, for 10 days then I think that will be plenty.

Edited: 12:05 am, April 29, 2014
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
272 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much money

Would $2000 for 2 adults and 3 kids be enough over 12 days? We don't drink. My wife will have some massages though and buy some clothes. Waterbom park for the kids and we'll do a couple of other things like snorkelling in Amed. Won't spend a fortune on food and breakfast is included.

6. Re: how much money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 01, 2015