We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how much a pre paid taxi from bali airport would cost us to go to Ubud.

Would the cab be large enough to accomodate a group of 4 adults with 4 carry on?

Can u plse give me the link to check the rates.

Also places like Kintamani and Uluwatu are there charges for people to visit the temples apart from vehicle hire etc

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

I'm not sure how you pre pay transport - unless it is provided by your accommodation which is if you are referring to I suggest you book or can book a driver and advise how many passenger's and he will have a car/van that will fit you all . If you just want a usual taxi they are just midsize cars so you could decide if your luggage will fit in the boot and you want to travel for about 45mins to an hour with 3 people in the back of a car and one in the front. Cost would be about 300,000rp. If you google "the bali drivers" you can look at a few web sites for car/prices/ advice

Uluwatu does charge a small entry fee I think most do it helps pay for the upkeep of the temple -make sure you take a sarong to wear (men and women) or you will have to hire one of those as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

I'm assuming by prepaid you mean the taxis at the airport, where you pay up front for your trip? The link is at the top right of this page (Bali Forum page), in the "top questions about Bali" section.

I'm not sure what you mean by carry on, but if you mean you each only have small bags, and you think they will fit in the back of a standard car boot, then you all could fit into the taxi. There are larger taxis, they cost more.

Otherwise, you can always get 2 cars.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

Hi rek - one fixed price taxi from the airport to central Ubud should be 250000Rp. While 4 of you may be able to squeeze into a taxi depending on how many pies you've eaten and how well you know each other, it may make for an uncomfortable journey for about an hour and a half.

Personally I would contact the hotel, see how much they charge for a transfer, then compare with the cost of a driver to pick you up - most drivers have very reasonable sized vehicles compared to taxis. The hotel transfer or driver option would naturally be cheaper than two taxis.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

The cost of a taxi from the airport is fixed at 250,000rp

https:/…20140213_142909.jpg

The taxis are small and carry the driver plus 3 adults. You will need two taxis or arrange alternative transfers.

5. Re: Pre paid taxi from airport to ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, March 10, 2015