We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Hi,

I'm looking for some help. Planning a June trip with 4 kids all under 7... at first I was looking at Lovina area as the villas there look very large with huge territories etc... but I'm concerned that after 20+ hours traveling here going for a 4 hour drive will be a real pain.

Although having a villa on a beach seems awesome, I'm thinking perhaps getting something more centrally located would be better even if not on beach as long as theres a little area to run around... (seminyak, where I stayed last year without kids) seems out of question as villas don't seem to have large territories around house..

Are there any other suggested locations for me to be looking at?

Anyone with young kids care to comment on pros and cons north shore vs other areas? I understand if I'm in the north I'm basically not going to have access to most activities.. (but perhaps if I have a cool enough villa I wouldn't need to leave?!)

Anyone with experience can you please chime in?!

Thanks in advance

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

bump anyone?!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Not sure if this is much help but if you wanted to stay in a hotel or hotel villa I would recommend the mecure Sanur the grounds are huge ! It's on the beach front also lots of room for the kids the beach is quiet then it's only $10 in a taxi to get to kuta for any activities you may want to do

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Not sure if this is much help but if you wanted to stay in a hotel or hotel villa I would recommend the mecure Sanur the grounds are huge ! It's on the beach front also lots of room for the kids the beach is quiet then it's only $10 in a taxi to get to kuta for any activities you may want to do

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Thanks, but I prefer staying in a villa. Can anyone chime in?!

Sydney
Level Contributor
280 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Desamuda Village in Seminyak has villas and the back three villas have a large communal grassed area out the front.

There is SO much to do in southern Bali with kids.

From memory villa frangi in Sanur had a large grassed area and in a decent location in South Sanur.

Sydney
Level Contributor
280 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Your best bet would be searching flipkey. I think Sanur is perfect for families.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

Agree that Sanur is good for younger kids as there's less traffic and the beach there is calmer. Stayed in both Legian and Sanur with my 2.5 year old and although there was more happening in Legian it was a pain trying to dodge all the traffic. Definitely check out Flipkey as there are a few Sanur villas on there, some of the Kejora Villas looked lovely and think some were beachfront. If you do end up in the south can recommend the Bali Safari & Marine Park for the kids.

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

What should be my second choice after Sanur?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

I haven't been myself but have seen a few posts on the Little Miss Bali page about villas in Canggu which I think is up further past Seminyak so perhaps that could be another option. Maybe someone else can comment on what that area is like.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas with large grounds and good location (4 young kids)

We stayed in Villa Kamboja Master on the border of Legian /Seminyak which has a massive yard. You could also arrange to have a pool fence for added protection for the little ones. Great location in Jalan Double Six. Ten minutes to beach, ten minutes to Bintang supermarket but great shops and eateries st your doorstep. The yard is much bigger than it looks in photos. There are 4 Villa Kambojas all owned by the same people so make sure you research Master. The added bonus is that the villa has a housekeeper who can cook if you like and takes care if your washing and ironing.

Kate