We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding the crowds?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Avoiding the crowds?

Hello everyone,

I have just moved to Bali to work in Seminyak but am in need of advice for what to do on my 2 days off a week. I'd really like to go back to nature and avoid beaches with too many sun beds. A sarong to lie on, some warung food and a nice spot to swim would be perfect ;)

I know it's a bit difficult to find such an escape these days.. I came to bali 12 years ago and I think I was a bit spoilt for this ha! I've been told to head to the east side?..

Anyway thanks, I'd really appreciate any advice!

Anya

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,068 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Amed, I believe would be the location for you.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Closer to Seminyak some of the beaches in The Bukit.

Try this one for very quiet and secluded. About 30 minutes from Seminyak.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/03/secret-beach-at-sou…

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Lovina. Or, for nature, Munduk or the Sidemen Valley.

Jimbaran, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Do you need nature or quite beach? You can try Balian beach or Medewi. It located on the west of Bali, near my village at Tabanan. There are not so many tourist on the beach, only a few tourist comes for surfing.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Amed is my choice

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Welcome to the Bali forum Anya. Amed is a good choice but is approx 2 1/2 hours drive from Seminyak. You're welcome to PM me if you'd like advice on where to stay etc.

Kuta, Bali...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Serangan.. explore the island.. there are some nice spots!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,026 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

My advice to avoid crowds is to stay away from : throng, horde, mob, rabble, large number, mass, multitude, host, army, herd, flock, drove, swarm, sea, stream, troupe, pack, press, crush, flood, collection, company, gathering, assembly, assemblage, array, congregation, convention, concourse of people :-)))))))

Cheers Mac

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,422 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Hi anyalily, To avoid crowds you will have to travel at least a few hours. Amed or Pemuteran would be suitable for what you want but I think at the end of a hard working week you may think twice about travelling a lot. As you are new to Bali as an expat, it would be a good idea to join some of the Bali Expat forums to get ideas of what others do in their leisure time.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Anyalilly,

Are you particular of what the beach is like (sand etc) or not? Cause if you are, then Amed or Candidasa might not be the place for you.

But if you want to avoid the crowds tho then kinda hard being in Bali but I wouldnt travel to these areas for the beach alone.

Would rather have a nice beach and a bit of a crowd than that kind of beach. Depends on your preference.