We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining out in Nusa Dua

George Town...
Level Contributor
163 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dining out in Nusa Dua

Will be staying around 3 nights in Nikko Nusa Dua coming October. Any recommendation for dining out there ?

Heard that Nikko is quite far away from the town centre ? Any restaurant inside the hotel worth trying ?

I hv heard a lot about Mozaic Rest. in the forum, what's so special there ?

Advice of any kind would be really appreciated.

Cheers & Rgds,

Kia Sen

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining out in Nusa Dua

Can't help with Nusa Dua other than to refer you to the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, but I have been twice to Mozaic Restaurant in Ubud, just past the Neka Museum, the last time in January this year. It has an open dining area and a garden setting, is closed one day of the week - Mondays - and usually requires booking in advance. It has a website www.mozaicrestaurant.com

For some, it's special because of the reputation of Chris Salens, the chef and its recognition as a 'great restaurant of the world' (or some such inclusion). For me, it's the opportunity to have a 6-course tasting menu of finely prepared and imaginative fusion food at a third of the price I would find in Sydney (if I could afford it here). In January it was $Aus45 for the vegetarian and $Aus55 for the non-veg. Wine was dear for Bali but you can BYO and pay a reasonable corkage. I was not made to feel uncomfortable drinking beer for pre-dinner and mineral water during. There are many fine restaurants in Ubud, but for me, Mozaic is special occasion dining.

Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining out in Nusa Dua

Nikko's best is definetely their Japanese restaurant, this is if you still decide to stay there

3. Re: Dining out in Nusa Dua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 13, 2009