We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali or Lombok beach wedding

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Bali or Lombok beach wedding

My fiancee and I are planning a very small wedding in Bali. Being the second marriage for both of us we are planning to get legally married in the US and then have a ceremonial wedding in Bali for the sake of our 4 children. So our wedding party will be 6 people.

We are interested in making a 2 week trip out of the wedding which would include a couple of days in Ubud (staying at the Alam Jiwa chain of hotels) then we would like some nights at a surfing beach then some nights at a snorkeling beach.

I am very interested in the Tugu hotels specifically the one in Bali and the one in Lombok. Does anyone have experience with them? They are a bit pricey for us but I love the concept of rustic antique very small boutique hotels. Are there any others out there with similar concepts? http://www.tuguhotels.com/bali/

Our children are 6-11 years old and need activities as well. They love the water but also want cultural experiences. Any recommendations on that are appreciated as well. We want to stay out of the hustle and bustle so Kuta and the like are not really an option. I have been to Amed and that is more our speed.

Thanks in advance for any widom and advice.

UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Bali Jetpacks and Water Sports
River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Boat Tours, Water Sports
Pro Surf School
Odysseys Surf School
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali or Lombok beach wedding

try Balimagictouch@hotmail.com or check facebook page Gael N Benny. Sounds like they would be a good fit for your ceremony.

Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali or Lombok beach wedding

Bali is the choice. Food, culture, sights, activities are all better.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali or Lombok beach wedding

From what you are describing it seems you would love the Gili Islands as well. If Amed is your style, then Gili Air or Meno would be great as well.

Probably not as many celebrants in Lombok or the Gilis though, as weddings are big business in Bali (and the prices charged are proof of this), but as it's not the actual legal ceremony that should make it easier. If you can find someone to do the ceremony in Lombok or the Gilis it would definitely be cheaper than in Bali.

The beaches of the Gilis are overall much better than most in Bali, white sand, blue water. Alternatively Kuta Lombok would be a great spot as well. Kuta Lombok is the exact opposite of Kuta Bali, so I'm not leading you astray, lol.

4. Re: Bali or Lombok beach wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 02, 2014