We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catering for a wedding

Rockingham, Western...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catering for a wedding

Hi

Getting married in Bali next year. It's a small one with 20-30 people.

The wedding villa is in the mountains 20 miles north of Ubud

Caterers are becoming a problem

We were recommended Bali bakery as a caterer but they don't cater for less than 50 people.

Then the bali catering company want to charge usd1000 for travel costs!! Jeez

Then the villa owner suggested bali epicure catering but their website doesn't appear to work

Has anyone used them or have a contact for them?

Can anyone suggest another caterer that can help us?

Thanks

Jackie

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catering for a wedding

Hi Jackie

We are using Bali Catering Co for our wedding (120 people). I would recommend Bali Epicure as a close second.

Our friend used Bali Epicure a couple of years ago for her wedding, they had a 3 course meal + canapés & 6 hour drink package and it cost about $105 per head. They are based in Kerobokan so they might charge travelling fees as well.

Alternatively why don't you look into a caterer in the Ubud area.

Also try Bali Good Food, they do small or large catering as well http://www.baligoodfood.com/

Best wishes for your planning.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kerobokan
Kerobokan
North Kuta, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
K B
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catering for a wedding

ABC aka Amazing Bali Catering. I just had a wedding in Bali in October for 18 ppl and they were fabulous. I was unsure at first as I didn't try any food beforehand but it was all so delicious. Let me know if you want more info.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Rockingham, Western...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catering for a wedding

Thanks......they were on my list but we have decided to go with Bali Good Food.

I reckon they were our second choice though

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Karratha, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catering for a wedding

Hi there, I'm considering ABC as my caterer. Can I ask any further info you're prepared to lend.. Quality of furniture/drinks/food, staff friendly etc? Thank you

K B
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catering for a wedding

Hello,

You can ask anything you want about the catering.

We only had one very long table to accommodate 18 people for dinner and we upgraded to Tiffany Chairs at very little cost as I liked the look of them better then standard chairs. We used the dinner chairs for both the reception and the dinner.

We also requested a predominantly seafood buffet and it was fabulous. We had Mahi Mahi, Squid, Prawns, Snapper and Tuna, as well as Sirloin, Chicken Tandoori and a plethora of vegetables and salads. Even though we got back from photos late for dinner everything was still piping hot, fresh, moist and delicious.

We had an open bar and to be honest we got much more then we had anticipated. We had unlimited beer, Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka and Rye. They also made a drink menu of about 10 cocktails, think mojitos, strawberry daquiris, martinis etc that they made for everyone. We brought our own wine some from Canada and at no extra cost for corkage.

They were very sweet and very helpful and accommodating. We had more staff then we needed but that's never a bad thing.

Having not tasted anything before our wedding nor having met them we found ourselves delightfully pleased and happy we had chosen them. Everyone was professional, attentive and quite fun when we all got to talking.

Hope this helps and puts your mind more at ease.

The only thing that was ever a bit worrisome was how slow everyone moved to set up...I mean slow lol...this I think is just that everyone is more relaxed in Bali and of course as a bride and being a Westerner I horribly do everything in a hurry...so it truly was an issue I had but not neccessarily worthy of any blame.

Good luck with your planning and let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Catering for a wedding

K B

Where did you have your reception? Was it the Amazing Bali Cafe or somewhere else like private villa? I am looking at approx same number of people.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Karratha, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catering for a wedding

I can HIGHLY recommend my caterer for something authentic, deliciously different, and aesthetically pleasing: Anik from Bali Kids Party. It took me over a year to come across Anik, as a wedding is not a kid's party.. but ever since I saw Anik's work along with her service, nothing else compared. Our wedding is at a private villa in Tabanan - 70 pax which is a little more than Anik usually caters to but she has been more than accommodating and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I wasn't happy with the other caterers all so reluctant to negotiate, Anik has listened to exactly what we actually wanted and created a masterpiece.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Tabanan
Tabanan
Bali, Indonesia
K B
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catering for a wedding

Hello Bec1974

I had my ceremony, dinner and reception at Villa The Sanctuary Bali and we rented it out for 5 days with the wedding falling on the 3rd night. We had ABC (Amazing Bali Catering) for hors d'oeurves and for dinner.

Villa The Sancturay is beyond anything you can imagine....utter luxury! All the guests we had at the wedding were able to have rooms at The Sanctuary so we had a private little oasis that was exclusively ours. If you have a wedding group of 20 or so people then I suggest staying at The Sanctuary as it's really nice not splitting everyone up.

Good Luck with your planning and feel free to ask any more questions if you need to.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Villa The Sanctuary Bali
Villa The Sanctuary Bali
163 Reviews
Canggu, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Catering for a wedding

I have been reading forum reviews for a week now trying to get some good advice on Bali weddings as my fiance and I are thinking seriously about having it there instead of Australia. K B I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how much all up it was to have your wedding in your villa with all inclusions? I love the idea of a private villa however have been told they are quite expensive with minimum night stay, banjar fee and function fee before you even look into catering, drinks and decorations etc. A round about idea of your budget would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Catering for a wedding

For those who used Amazing Bali, what canapes/starts/entrees did you guys choose? There are so many choices!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia