We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali in Jan

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bali in Jan

My daughter and I would like to visit Bali in January. We are most interested in the beach, but would like to mix some culture as well. Could anyone help me out with best locations, accommodation at this time?

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,804 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali in Jan

Hi and welcome to Bali forum.

You don't say how long you are going for or wether you are into shopping or not...I am guessing being 2 females you might be :)

It is the rainy season but the weather is changing. It will be humid though.

Umbrellas and Havaianas will solve a couple of problems.

I would consider splitting your stay with half in Ubud and Half in Sanur.

Ubud is great for culture and a good base for day trips, bike ride, elephant park, zoo etc.

Sanur probably has the nicest beach and is a lovely relaxed place that is easy to get in and out of for trips over to Denpasar or Kuta or Seminyak etc.

Bali's beaches are not the nicest in the world, don't go there for the beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali in Jan

Thank you! We are dictated by her school schedule but maybe we should avoid jan?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali in Jan

No take the plunge and go in January the rain is warm and its normally just a quick down pour - just the excuse to take shelter in a bar for some refreshments or the shopping mall. I agree with Ubud and sanur - the traffic is horrendous in Kuta , legian and seminyak so bad that my husband will only walk to dinner and not even think about getting in a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
4. Re: Bali in Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 01, 2014