We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip to Bali

New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
10 day trip to Bali

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Bali with my wife for 10 days.

I would like to know what kind of prices prevail in Bali in 2013, specially for accommodation. I've read on WikiTravel about budget accommodations starting from $25, but thats an update from 2010.

Also, what all expenses should I take into consideration while preparing a budget for the trip.

1:> Budget Accommodation

2:> Slightly Over Budget Accommodation

3:> Bicycle Hire

4:> Taxi Hire

5:> Lunch, Dinner

6:> Ferry Hire from Bali to Lombok

7:> Alcohol & Cigarettes

8:> Water Activities like Surfing, Snorkeling, etc..

If any fellow travellers can give me an approximate idea of price range on the list above, I'll be really grateful..!!

Edited: 5:49 pm, August 20, 2013
UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Bali Jetpacks and Water Sports
River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Boat Tours, Water Sports
Pro Surf School
Odysseys Surf School
New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Bali with my wife for 10 days.

I would like to know what kind of prices prevail in Bali in 2013, specially for accommodation. I've read on WikiTravel about budget accommodations starting from $25, but thats an update from 2010.

Also, what all expenses should I take into consideration while preparing a budget for the trip.

1:> Budget Accommodation

2:> Slightly Over Budget Accommodation

3:> Bicycle Hire

5:> Lunch, Dinner

8:> Water Activities like Surfing, Snorkeling, etc..

If any fellow travellers can give me an approximate idea of price range on the list above, I'll be really grateful..!!

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hello,

I've been to Bali a few months back, but I don't think much has changed since. I don't have all the info you need, but let me just start with some points I know :)

Regarding budget accommodation, it strongly depends on where you'd like to stay. If we're talking South, I'd say $30 is a fair rate. For about $45 you can get a lovely room in Seminyak, about a 3 minute walk from the beach (e.g. Umdasa).

In Ubud you definitely feel the difference. For the same rate you get a much nicer room.

Can't say much about the ferry, since we only went to the Gili Islands and not to Lombok. To the Gilis we paid $500,000 return by speedboat.

Taxi rates depend a lot on the area as well. Basically, only the South of Bali is served by official taxis, further North your only option is a private driver. After some bargaining we've got rides between Seminyak and Ubud for 200,000 Rs one-way. To hire a driver with a car for a full day (usually about 8 hours) costs about 500,000 - 800,000 Rs. Check out http://www.balicab.com - private guide/driver, 10 hours per day, unlimited mileage, fuel included, no deposits, full refunds.

Lunch/dinner prices, like all other things, depend on the location/venue. If we're talking good average, expect to pay about $8 - $12 per person.

Alcohol is generally quite overpriced in Bali. A large bottle of beer costs about 28,000 Rs (supermarket) - 35,000 Rs (average bar). A pack of cigarettes costs a little over a dollar.

I hope this helps. Have a great time in Bali!

Edited: 2:37 pm, August 21, 2013
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

the ferry from bali to lombok about $12

thanks

New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Thanks for the info Magnolia..!! It helps..!!

Even I'm considering staying at Kuta, Seminyak, Legian for 4 days and instead of going to Lombok, I'm planning to go straight to Gili T! and staying there for 3-4 nights..

Is Gili T! a place worthy to spend 3-4 nights..?

New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Thanx Joan Valentina..!!

: )

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hi Bhuvan,

We just got back and I can't help you with all prices but will add what I can:

1:> Budget Accommodation Looked like to us you could do a hostel/simple guesthouse for about 250,000 a night but all prices depend on where you are going.

2:> Slightly Over Budget Accommodation We paid about 400,000 for this type place including breakfast and at some places dinner

3:> Bicycle Hire Sometimes the place we stayed offered bike rental for as low as 15,000 24 hour rental. Outside prices seemed to be more like 50,000 day.

5:> Lunch, Dinner The places we ate offered no differentiation of lunch/dinner prices. You could probably spend as much or as little as you like but it's not expensive to eat in Bali. We paid 50,000 to 70,000 each a meal including beverage and excluding alcohol. Have no idea of alcohol prices.

8:> Water Activities like Surfing, Snorkeling, etc.. Depends on where you're going. Seemed to be around 200,000 to 250,000 for boat trips to snorkeling a person. In some places you could snorkel off the beach for free if you had your own equipment. Not sure of rental prices. Renting a surfboard at Kuta cost 60,000 for four hours.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Heyy Pat..

I really appreciate you taking out time to write this.. Thats great info.. I can plan my trip accordingly..!!

Thanx again..!!

:-))

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hi Bhuvan,

I've spent 4 days on the Gilis, but I haven't been to Trawangan. It's the biggest and busiest of the 3 islands and I was looking for a quieter, more tranquil experience :)

Meno had the nicest beach, but it quickly got boring, so we hopped over to Air and loved it! I think 4 days is a very reasonable amount of time for the Gilis. If you get tired of one island, hop on over to the next ;)

New Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hi Magnolia,

I'm planning to go to Kuta, Legian & Padang Bai first.. Then move to Gili T!, enjoy the whole party scene.. then once I get over it(which I'm sure i will), I'll hop to Gili Air..

Planned my expenses.. came out to be somewhere around $2,500..

Airfare for 2 $1192

Visa ~$20 per person $40

Taxi from DPS to Kuta $3

Hotel for 9th-13th (5 nights) $254

Eating Daily 2 Meals(Lunch & Dinner)x10 days $177

Alchohol $88

Smoke $15

Hotel for 14th-17th (4 nights) $308

Speedboat from Kuta to Gili T! $80

Speedboat from Gili T! to Padang Bai $62

Taxi from Padang Bai to Denpasar Airport $28

Misc $154

Bicycle Hires 5 Days for 2 $27

Snorkel Equipment Rent 5 Days for 2 $27

Surfboard Rental 2-3 days for 2 $27

Hope I'm able to be UNDER this budget..!!

:-))

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 day trip to Bali

Hey,

I think the taxi from DPS to Kuta would cost you more than 3$, but I'm sure you can save on accommodation if you search well :) I usually use booking.com, they've got a good filter system and I'm always able to find reasonably priced options that are rated well enough :)

To the Gilis, however, I think you'd rather book a round trip, it would be much cheaper and usually includes transportation to and from Padang Bai. Kuta usually has the best offers to the Gilis. We booked in Ubud and got it for 500,000 Rs per person return including transportation to Padang Bai.

Have a great trip! :)