We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

garuda flights and booking online........

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Topic
garuda flights and booking online........

Hi. All , I've been keeping an eye on garuda and other airline flight prices lately , to book for next year.......

It doesn't look like garuda are going to offer some of the great prices they had last year and that some of us on here were lucky to get.

Big decision to book or wait bit longer ?????? Has anyone else booked for next years trip?

Wouldn't another sale be great !!!!! Cheers

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

I would also love to see a sale from Garuda.

I don't expect prices like we got last year but something would be great.

I have had trouble getting onto their website since its last upgrade! Very frustrating

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

Hi miss pixie , couple weeks ago it was doing weird things for me to ! Last couple of days has been OK though.

If l went ahead and booked now , it would cost me $260 more than last year.

I think its still a great price , last year was just that crazy cheap , maybe it was a system error and that's why such a jump in price . Lol.

But the adult & child's price is the same , which I think is a bit cheeky . Last year child's ticket was bit cheaper than adult - the taxes are usually less for a child.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

The recent sales from Garuda have been disappointing.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

If I were you I would book. That's still a good price. I'm sure if you compared it to the alternatives and add on everything that Garuda includes it would be a good price.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

For our upcoming trip nobody was a good price.

Jetstar with luggage was about $50 cheaper than Garuda and Virgin was more expensive than Garuda

It made Garuda the simple choice with food, alcohol, entertainment, on board immigration, VOA payment at Sydney airport and best of all the 1:35pm arrival time a no brainer for us.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

When r u going? Sometimes u can get a cheap flight back with Garuda. I've booked for end of march 2014 going over jetstar and return Garuda for $530 return. Jetstar was on sale going over as well

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

The coming home is a great price its the getting there ...... we go in June , its a popular time . At the moment melb - Bali , jet star and. Garuda work out roughly the same , when you add on luggage , booking fees ..... so garuda is the pick at the moment , with full service on board and free. Which is what hottoddy found too.

That was a great price you got kathie375 ! Thanks for all your replies , cheers

8. Re: garuda flights and booking online........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 08, 2014