We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription Glasses

Byford, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Prescription Glasses

Hi

I wear multifocal lens glasses and am hoping to get some good new glasses in Bali. Someone a friend knows was not happy with hers, can anyone please advise?

Thanks

Maddwarf

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription Glasses

Hi

As with many people on this forum I've had great service from Hendri at Wina Optical. He's got a kiosk out the front of the Supernova shopping centre in Kuta and another outlet in Sanur.

You can either take along your own script or he will do an eye test for you. I had a pair of multi focals made up last year with a slightly tinted lens and all up it cost me $75 - the frames I chose are fairly basic but suit me fine. Should add that we also had a pair of single focus reading glasses made up for $25.

Ask any Taksi driver and they'll know where Supernova is - they usually park out back and you walk through the shopping centre to his kiosk located out the front.

It would pay you to ring Hendri when you arrive in Bali to make an appointment - 0361 8570970 or 7943505. Alternatively email him in advance winaoptic@yahoo.co.id

All up it took 4/5 days to have the glasses made up. His after sales service is also great - I snapped the nose piece on the glasses I bought from him during a recent visit to Bali and Hendri's staff replaced it and gave them a quick clean at no cost.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 5:31 pm, July 24, 2013
Byford, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription Glasses

Thank you very much, this is fantastic advice :-)

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription Glasses

I agree with ChewyOz, we use Wina Optical as well.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescription Glasses

I have used the Optician directly across from the checkouts at Carrefour in the past and both my husband and I have been more than happy with the service and cost. Husband has multifocal transition lenses which are made in Jakarta and the Optician has always been spot on with everything!

I have also read many glowing reports on Wina Optical and may check them out, next trip!

Byford, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prescription Glasses

Thanks for your input, I shall update you when I get back. Bali on Sunday woo woo :-)

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prescription Glasses

Hi Cat!

Have a great holiday! Word of advice, get your prescription glasses sorted in the first day, as you will have to wait a few days for them to be made etc. Also, tell a white lie about when you are leaving, make it a day or two earlier, to allow enough time for adjustments if required!

Byford, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prescription Glasses

Hello, back from Bali and went to Hendri at Wina Optical. They were fantastic, picked frames and got it all sorted really quickly. After 5 days, got the call and my friend and I all up, bought 6 pairs prescription glasses -including sunnies and couldn't have been happier. They were all great, mine were a bit tight on the nose to start with, so went back the next day and Hendri was so helpful. They don't have a lot of different frames to choose from, but the ones they have are really nice. Thank you to everyone for your help. Great advice re going there first thing, to give them time to make the glasses up. I will be going back again. Maybe see you in Bali sometime :-)

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prescription Glasses

Hi Cat

Glad to hear that all went well. Hendri definitely gives great service and his prices are way better than what we get in Oz. We plan to be back in Bali in a couple of months and will definitely be paying him another visit.

Cheers

PK

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prescription Glasses

I have used Optik Melawi - they are a chain like OPSM - the outlet I use is at Bali Collection Nusa Dua - very happy with the prices about half of what i pay in Australia and the service has always been great

10. Re: Prescription Glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 03, 2014