We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

I am a female aged 71. Am I safe in Bali on my own? Any tips about places to stay and see.? Is it ok to get Transport to the hotel. I am a bit nervous on my own but would like to do Bali

As a stopover.

Anyone want to join me end of December 2013or early January 2014?

Or am I mad attempting this at 71 ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Shirreen, you will be absolutely fine. The Balinese are wonderful people and should look after you well. For places to stay, have a look at Sanur or Ubud (though Ubud is vey hilly). Let us know your budget and accommodation wishes and we can come up with some accommodation options for you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

I'm 52, have been twice and am going again this year - solo all three times. But I met a woman who was in her seventies last year who was staying in Seminyak for a month, and does so each year... Ubud is hilly, Sanur has a gentle slope to the main street, and the area from Kuta to Seminyak is pretty flat if that's an issue... Wherever you go, you'll have a great time, just read through the bali forum - it's addictive - the island and the forum ;)

Bali, Indonesia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Sanur and Ubud could be the right place for your staying. The people will take care you very well. Bali is considered very safe place.

Perth
Level Contributor
93 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

As long as you are stable on your feet. A lot of areas have uneven footpaths and some no footpaths, we are here with my parents who are late 60's. their first time. They are enjoying it.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Good on you you will love Bali! I agree that Sanur and Ubud would be the best place to go, check out Honeymoon guesthouse on Ubud fab place with lots of women travellers staying there. As long as you are sensible about your safety and don't take any risks, you'll be fine.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,542 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

It's great that you want to do this. You should go and I think you'll have a wonderful time.

Yes, it\s perfectly safe to get a taxi from the airport to your accommodation. As you exit the airport you'll see a desk (back against the airport wall) where you can buy a taxi ticket, the driver will then help you with your luggage if you wish, lead you to the taxi and off you'll go without any fuss or bother.

I also think tht Sanur would be a good place for you to stay. There are loads of hotels, restaurants of all descriptions, shopping and a supermarket in the vicinity. It is also easy to take a meter taxi in the main street to go anywhere. You can also hire a driver for a day or so to take you to other places around the island.

We have a great driver that we've known for years who has an elderly mother and is very caring and considerate, so if you want his contact details I'd be happy for you to send me a PM.

Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Yes it will be fine. If you choose a hotel before you go, you can get them to pick you up at the airport. It is nice to be met when you a travelling alone. The footpaths in Ubud are a nightmare, but as long as you are careful you will get around fine. I recommend Ubud. I just came back on Wednesday. Also went to Lovina Beach and stayed at Rambutan Boutique Hotel. I have been going since 1986 and will keep going as long as I can get on a plane.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

I am a 72 year young traveller and spend a month each year in Ubud and love every minute. A lot of older ladies go solo to Bali, so no problem at all. Have a great time,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Gosh I cannot see any reason why you can't go and enjoy. A few years ago I persuaded a friend to meet us in Bali Sanur actually and she was just 67 years young Now at 74 years etc Is going for her 8th or 9th trip. Just loves it. Stays in Legian Seminyak Sanur and South Kuta. Has a ball everytime. You will love it. - lindiluu

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 70 year old travelling alone to Bali?

Hi thank you so much ,you have put my mind to rest and I shall definitely go. I would appreciate the details of your driver once again thanks for all the info.