We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have fallen in love with an Airline

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Have fallen in love with an Airline

Hi guys , Just returned from a lovely stay in Bali.

It was my first trip with Garuda and I tell you what , I am over the moon.

Smiling faces,lovely food and exit row seats in and out of Bali.

I dare say they are on par if not better than Thai Airways.

very happy camper

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

I agree with you LimitedEdition,we have had to revert back to Jetstar for our next trip and i must say im dreading it after such great service on Garuda.

I just wish Garuda would lower their fares a bit.

We were spoilt with those sale fares Garuda offered last year.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,236 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

Good for you...maybe send them an email as well, they appreciate the feedback.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

Ditto, have to agree. Its the good old fashioned service that you use to get on an airline, not of this pay for everything, crammed into a flying public transport machine. I will forever book with Garuda in future....and yes with you TLM wish they would bring their prices down

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

I have to agree Garuda is a great way to start & finish your trip ....... Those cheap fairs were fantastic last year , if you were lucky to get them. Not long until we go & it just makes the holiday all the better , when its a great price !!! I'm wondering too , could Garuda be that generous again ???? OR was that just a one off opportunity ? fingers crossed !

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

I agree, we loved our Garuda flight from Sydney last year, after researching back & forth trying to get fares on sale we have decided to pay the bit extra to fly Garuda from Brisbane it's not much more then Virgins price for the direct flights at the dates we plan to fly...I am looking forward to the flight as well!

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

Thank you guys for your lovely replies..I actually paid a significant amount for my tickets ($800 return from melbourne)..I really hope they go on sale as I have kinda gotten use too it!!..thanks again and good luck during sale time..

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

Hi Limitededition, you say;

I really hope they go on sale as I have kinda gotten use too it!!..thanks again and good luck during sale time..

I guess that was what the promo last year was all about, to get you hooked LOL ...

Hope you had a wonderful stay

Melbourne
Level Contributor
136 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

We flew with Garuda last year having purchased out tickets in 2011 for a similar price that we paid for our current trip coming up when we booked last year.

2011 cost approx $2300 for 2 adults and 2 children from Melbourne to Denpasar via Jakarta for May 2012

2012 cost approx $2400 for 2 adults and 2 children from Melbourne to Denpasar direct for June 2013

Both times tickets were booked in August, here's hoping they have the same specials this year !

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

I have to disagree, we decided to fly with Garuda last month from Perth after flying with airasia previously and both ways the food was cold and l mean cold not even luke warm and by the time they got to us in the middle of the plane there was only one selection left which happened to be seafood and as my son doesn't eat seafood he missed out both times. The service was non existent after the meals came out, you had to go up the back if you wanted a drink, they didn't even bring tea or coffee around. I will stick to air asia in the future.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have fallen in love with an Airline

I won't fly anything else and I really don't care what specials Jetstar have :(

Cheers