We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali and Gili Trawangan

Nijmegen...
5 posts
Save Topic
Bali and Gili Trawangan

Hello everyone,

This august i will go to Bali and Gili Trawangan with my friends. First we will visit Java for 2 weeks, and then from 9th august till 14th august visit bali, then take the boat to Gili trawangan and stay there for 3 night, and then back to bali for another 5 nights.

I read stories about many tourist at Gili trawangan during the high season so we already booked a hotel/Hostel. We stay at Big bubble diving Bungalow for 2 nights and one night at the aquadiction Hostel.

Is anyone familair with these hotels? I am really into diving en snorkeling. Does anyone know if its possible to do some kind of a snorkeltour to see the other gili islands ( meno and air )?

And i have also questions about Bali.

We certainly wanna climb the Gunung Anung. Is it expensive to go climb it with a guide?

And we also wanna visit Nusa Lembongan. Is it possible to do a snorkel or diving tour to this island in one day? I heart there are Mola Mola's ( moonfish ) around Nusa Lembongan. Can someone tell me which months the change is big to see them?

Are there any other places you can recommend us to see when we are in Bali?

thanks a lot :)

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali and Gili Trawangan

That was a good idea to book.

Big Bubble are a dive shop so they will likely be able to look after a snorkelling trip for you, a dive trip, and a look around the other two islands.

Mount Agung is sticking out of the upper surfaces of Bali you might mean that mountain

Or perhaps you are referring to Mount Rinjani on Lombok, that is the nearest mountain to Gili Trawangan and it is quite famous for it's trekking trips up the mountain.

Nusa Lembongan is potentially doable in a day but it might seem a little rushed, the fish might become blurred.

2. Re: Bali and Gili Trawangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 01, 2014