We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping Prices

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
shopping Prices

hello to all the experts for this area. I am just wondering it it is possible for anyone to either update or do a new shopping prices Guide? I am heading back to bali again in June and can't wait but still would like to know roughly the cost i can expect to pay now for alot of items that can be bought ? The current list was last updated in May 2011 and I am not complaining at all just wondering if some current prices could be posted ?

Once again thanks to everyone for your help it is extremely valuable and helpful

Kind regards Ian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping Prices

on right hand side of t/a under top questions

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping Prices

Ian u find the best way is when your there to go to a fixed price market stall such as miss Debbie's in legian off garlic road or tootsies in Sanur then whatever you pay there you can barter in the other market stalls and generally get the items for 10,000rp - 20,000 rp cheaper sometimes even more anything in particular you want to know the price of?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping Prices

Ian, the prices have really not changed since 2011. :)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping Prices

thanks Bazza but I do understand that there is a price list on the right hand side but if you read my post I was asking about an update of that list because it was last updated in May 2010.

Thanks Holiday I am spending 3 days in Sanur again on this trip before heading to Kuta and Seminyak for 10 night in each so I will have a look and try to find tootsies ? I must admit I didn't see it last time so will have to look harder this time lol can you give me an idea where it is do I can be sure to find it this time ?

Cheers Ian

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping Prices

thanks Linda you are a Gem as usual

cheers Ian

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping Prices

Sorry dorno I called you Ian unless that is your name I'm confused lol but I am blonde last LOL so if you get a taxi to Sindu beach markets Sanur walk along the path her pub is on the corner called tootsies also its currently a pile of rubble being renovated but her signs are still out front turn down the alley there it's a few shops down hard to miss ;-) I find the price list quite outdated I got most things alot cheaper

Edited: 7:16 am, March 28, 2013
Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping Prices

thanks goingonaholiday you are spot on my name is in fact ian (LOL) and thanks for all the info I will be sure to check it out. Sanur will be the first stop on our holiday this time so I will do some checking and purchasing while there. Last time in Sanur my wife done 3 trips to Hardy's to buy clothes and stuff for our grandchild at the time. She will be 18 months old by the time we leave this time so I am sure plenty will be spent at tootsies.

Cheers Ian

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping Prices

I found prices a bit cheaper than Tootsies - especially towards the back of the markets and later in the afternoon. I hate the haggling, and generally just tell the shopkeeper the price I'm prepared to pay and refuse to budge from it. Prices you offer must be realistic of course, but I find it much easier as I hate shopping and want to get it over with as quickly as possible!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping Prices

Cbimages I advised earlier that yes you will be paying slightly more $1 or $2, but is a grat way to start to know what you can get things for! Rather then being ripped off knowing your fresh meat in the market place lol! My grandson is also the same age tootsies had tshirts for 15,000 RP so were talking 1.50!! Can't go wrong I would make her store your first stop

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping Prices

yes, I agree goingonholiday, and always buy some items from Tootsies, and do make her shop first port of call. The service is excellent and the assistants always pleasant and helpful. Plus the air con is nice too. Well worth the few cents extra.

After 7 trips of a month or more each over the past 3 years, I pretty well know prices for most items by now anyway. Mind you, 2 hours of market shopping each trip and I'm done. Hubby is generally sick of it after the first hour!

Another thing I find "helpful" is to engage in converstion with the first market lady who accosts you on the beach path. I always tell them I'm going to Tootsies, but they can walk with me if they want to. Most do, and we have a bit of a chat, and the other ladies leave you alone!