We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

The Etihad Airways ‘EY’ code is now on Garuda Indonesia flights between Jakarta and Singapore, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur, Denpasar Bali, Manado, Surabaya, Balikpapan and Makassar and between Abu Dhabi and Amsterdam.

Etihad Airways destinations including; Abu Dhabi, Athens, Bahrain, Brussels International Brussels, Cairo, Dublin, Frankfurt, Duesseldorf, Munich, Geneva , Muscat, Heathrow-London, Manchester, Milan , Domodedovo International Airport-Moscow, Charles de Gaulle Airport-Paris, Fiumicino-Rome, Tehran, New Delhi and others in the Etihad schedules and online booking system should now appear available as (single issue) ticketing from Bali (DPS).

From 21 June 2013 Garuda Indonesia will increase frequency between Jakarta and Abu Dhabi and onwards to Amsterdam from four to six flights weekly. This will provide 13 weekly flights between major Indonesian cities and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

As part of the same rearrangements Etihad Airways will re-time its flights between Jakarta and Abu Dhabi providing improved connectivity to and from further destinations including Amman, Basra, Erbil, and Kuwait in the Middle East; Athens, Istanbul and Larnaca in southern Europe; Astana, Almaty, Moscow and Minsk in eastern Europe; Nairobi and Johannesburg in Africa; and Sao Paulo, Washington, New York JFK, Chicago and Toronto in the Americas.

Garuda Indonesia will commence services between Jakarta and Perth in June 2013, these will be operated with the Etihad ‘EY’ code and timed to connect with services to and from Abu Dhabi. This should open up a few extra opportunities for travel to and from Western Australia via Jakarta.

It should also be noted that somewhere like Lombok (LOP) can be routed through on a Garuda ticket, ie; LOP-DPS-SYD, LOP-CGK-AMS (single ticket). Hopefully Lombok will turn up on the Etihad schedules as a destination soon (using a Garuda codeshare)

Edited: 2:11 pm, March 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Makassar
Makassar
South Sulawesi, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Denpasar, Indonesia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

Great news for those of us in Europe, and especially me ;)

Etihad from Dublin already has some great prices to Singapore, can't wait to see their offers for Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

Here is something handy...

garuda-indonesia.com/files/…202013.pdf

That links to a schedule table that provides Garuda Indonesia/Etihad Airways Codeshare Flight details for the following destinations:

Abu Dhabi (AUH), London (LHR), Manchester (MAN), Muscat (MCT), Athens (ATH), Moscow (DME), Brussel (BRU), Bahrain (BAH), Frankfurt (FRA), Munich (MUC), Dusseldorf (DUS), Amsterdam (AMS), Milan (MXP).

It also has an FAQ.

If destinations don't turn up on the Garuda system don't forget to look at the Etihad website, that has lots of other options, with booking and ticketing through to DPS (Bali) available.

The FAQ has checked baggage allowances outlined at the bottom of the page.

Edited: 11:36 am, March 28, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Denpasar, Indonesia
Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

Thank you Hurcules for sharing this great news. More options and hopefully great fares, too. Flew with Ethiad once and although I still prefer Emirates over them I am happy to hear that a large part of Indonesia will be connected well with the rest of the world. Can't wait for their promos.

Q

Mentioned in this post
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

Garuda are currently listing these destinations on their website.

Notable is that China Airlines are listed for N.American codeshare flights.

Garuda Indonesia flies to 35 international destinations

✭ Asia

Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hongkong,

Tokyo (Narita), Tokyo (Haneda), Osaka. Seoul

Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai

Taipei, Manila (4), Ho Chi Minh City (5), Bandar Seri Begawan (6)

✭ Middle East

Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Muscat (2), Bahrain (2)

✭ Australia

Perth, Melbourne, Sydney

✭ United States of America

Los Angeles (7), San Fransisco (7)

✭ Europe

Amsterdam, Brussel (2), Frankfurt (1), Munich (1), Dusseldorf (2), Zurich (1)

Madrid (1, )Rome (1), Milan (2), Paris (2)

London Heathrow (1,2), Manchester (2), Athena (2), Moscow (2), Istanbul (3)

Index :

1 Codeshare with KLM via Amsterdam

2 Codeshare with ETIHAD via Abu Dhabi

3 Codeshare with Turkish Arlines

4 Codeshare with Philippine Airlines

5 Codeshare with Vietnam Airlines

6 Codeshare with Royal Brunei Airlines

7 Codeshare with China Airlines via Taipei

There might be some others as well.

The Etihad flights may provide different opportunities, not all routes are codeshared by Garuda and Etihad.

Edited: 4:27 am, March 31, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

The Garuda KLM codeshares are often overlooked by travellers.

Garuda Indonesia and KLM codeshare flights to European destinations; including Rome, Paris, Milan, London, Frankfurt, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Athens and Zurich.

Mentioned in this post
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
20 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

I am looking for a reasonably priced flight from either BRU to AUH or from AMS to AUH. (DUS-AUH is not an option this time, unfortunately.......)

Garuda comes up with a reasonable but still expensive flight but in the end I might have to book this flight as Etihad prices (via their website) are absolutely ridiculous when you want to book a flight for April 10 2014!!!

A combination of KLM/Etihad was reasonable till yesterday, wanted to book this flight today, it had gone up 200 euro's overnight??

Anyway, I read this stories about not being able to book a pre reserved seat on a Garuda flight and if there is something I hate, it is having to sit next to a total stranger for 7 hours!

My question: is Garuda overall good? (I guess I will survive the separate seating as long as I get a cheap flight!)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

<<My question: is Garuda overall good? (I guess I will survive the separate seating as long as I get a cheap flight!)>>

Garuda is overall good and reliable from my experience, though I never tried them on a long haul flight.. You are not likely to be seating with a stranger unless the flight is extremely full and you are very late for check in.. The risk is pretty low IMO..

Cheers

8. Re: Garuda and Etihad Airways, new arrangements commencing June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 26, 2015