We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poppies reviews

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
poppies reviews

come on there must be someone who has stayed at poppies, I constantly check for new reviews because I am staying in sept and I am so looking forward to it, usually there is a new review every week and it has been over two weeks now please take pity on me and write a review or something to keep me going. or if you havent stayed there maybe people could tell things hey love about poppies lane

Yamba, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: poppies reviews

Haven't stayed at Poppies or Kuta- we usually stay in Legian,but one of my hubbys 'must do' on a daily basis is a visit to the Secret Garden Bar also known as Blokes World. They film a show for Austar called Blokes World at various bars in Asia, including this one.

"Icy cold Tang's" is his excuse for visiting. Nothing flash, but great staff.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: poppies reviews

We ate at Poppies Restaurant on Australia Day, it was a good meal, great garden surroundings and the best toilets I've seen in a restaurant.

Hows that grab ya, beachbum?

Perth
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: poppies reviews

I have stayed at Poppies cottages and loved it. The cottages are comfortable, the pool is good and the location is great. I would definitely stay there again

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: poppies reviews

thanks guys you made my day

Donnybrook
Level Contributor
232 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: poppies reviews

Yes beach bum, I too can vouch for poppies. I surprised hubby for our 10th wedding anniversary at poppies. It's intimate and lovely. Once u walk through the gates it's an oasis. The pool is lovely and I love coming back to our bungalow. The outdoor bathroom is divine and I love waking up to fresh bananas, newspaper and a cuppa on the front verandah. We would definitely stay again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: poppies reviews

We stayed at Poppies in January 2012, September 2012 and again in January 2013. Beautiful, quiet and I'd stay there again in heartbeat. The cottages are arranged so that you cant see the entrance to each others rooms. You get old skool Bali service of black tea and fruit left on your outside table very early each morning and a newspaper daily. The pool is great, deep, cool and the gardens are stunning. Overall I believe you'll love Poppies and a hotel doesn't last for 40 years without good reason, Poppies is special.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: poppies reviews

It's our must stay location in Kuta. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. What I am annoyed about is as it took me so long to get a date for this years holidays my, I shall say it again, MY cottage was taken. How dare they book MY cottage to someone else. But we got the one next door which is ok but I liked my cottage.

Ok i'll give you a review. Spotlessly clean rooms with a true Balinese feel. Dark and cool plus lots of interesting stuff in it.. A true personal space in the midst of krazy Kuta. Silent at night with all the best cheap eat restaurants right on your door step.

The pool is cool something of a rarity in Bali where most pools are blood temperature and drinks are the same price as out on the street which is unusual.

Staff are polite and helpful and the grounds and gardens are awesome.

Sigh almost down to 80 days before we are back.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: poppies reviews

That should put your mind to rest beachbum.

Also a friend of mine stayed in the cottages at Christmas. They just loved it.

Its on my list to stay there one day.

Enjoy

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: poppies reviews

Love, love, love Poppies Cottages. They are peaceful, cute bungalows and a quiet oasis in Kuta. You will enjoy the location, the sweet little lagoon pool and pretty gardens.

Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: poppies reviews

We have stayed at Poppies 3 times over a few years and it is always great, fantastic little oasis in the middle of all the craziness.

Was quite upset when I couldn't get in for my preferred dates this time, have booked Hotel Pearl instead so hoping its as nice as Poppies