We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Hi,

Can anybody give some suggestion about my 5 days iliterny in Bali

Day 1: arrive@11am, stay in Ubud, visit ARMA museum and Palace in the afternoon

Day 2: spend whole day to explore Ubud. maybe rent a bicycle, any must visit place around Ubud? go to Seminyak in the evening

Day 3: rent a car with driver, visit Bedugul, Pura Ulun dawn Temple, Kintamani, Pura Tirta Enpul. Do I need to contact with Agent to get a driver?

Day 4: Kuta beach and Tanah lot, dinner in Jimbran beach

Day 5: stay in hotel, shopping in Kuta

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

I would not recomend riding a bicycle around Ubud the traffic is just too hectic. Hire a driver and explore some of the villages around Ubud instead.

When you say you are going to Seminyak in the evening, are you staying there or going back to Ubud?

Your trip for day 3 would be better done from Ubud rather than Seminyak, but it is still possible, you will just be in the car for uneccessary time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Thank you, Whinnie

Because I will stay in Seminyak in the day 2 evening, so I am thinking maybe I will put Day 3's trip tp Day 2, then I think starting from Ubud and ending in Seminyak. But have to cut time in Ubud

What do you think?

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

avoid Jimbaran Bay,its disgusting.No need to book a driver,there is one every 5 metres.

cocomoco
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

I think that if you would arrive in Ubud at 11am and you would visit ARMA and walk to the Palace you will more or less get a good impression of the village. You can include a quick visit to Monkey Forest or when you have passed to village you can walk up the road Jalan Kajeng and take a stroll in the ricefields.

Then you can do the tour with the driver on day 2. If you manage you should try to include Tempaksering (also called Gunung Kawi http://www.bali-travel-life.com/gunung-kawi.html) It's one of my favorite sights because of its location in the ricefields. From your daytrip you can head straight to Seminyak and arrive in the evening.

You'll have one extra day left to spend in Seminyak area. I would add a extra day to Ubud because I prefer that to Seminyak but I guess you have everything booked already. Plus, if you like the beach area better then it would be not an option to stay longer in Ubud.

Enjoy your holiday!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Agree with cocomoco, if you already have your accommodation booked then move day 3 to day 2.

If you haven't got your accommodation booked then stay an extra night in Ubud and your itinerary will be perfect as it is.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Thank you so much, guys, very helpful suggestions

Gloucester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Just returned from 2 weeks in Bali. 1st week in a hotel in Smeinyak, 2nd week touring.

We hired a car in Seminyak (150,000per day) for 6 days.

Day 1- Drove to Tanah Lot to the the Temple then drove to Ubud- Visited monkey Forest & the market- going inside the market is a must!

Day 2- Hired a bike for 20,000 and cycled up a cycle track where we came to a 'cafe' where you have your own in the water hut looking over the Padi fields. Watched Legong dancing in the Palace at 7.30pm.

Day 3- Drove towards the Volcano and stayed in a village by the lake (150,000per night). We booked a guide (with the association) ready for the morning- We had to barter them down and managed to get it to 320,000 each, for route 2 tour.

Day 4- 4am start to walk up the volcano, was a tough walk! We reached the top by 5.30am, and watched the sunrise whilst we cooked eggs and bananas from the heat of the volcano. Back down by 8.45am! We drove from here to Lovina. Booked with a captain to see the Dolphins for the following morning.

Day 5- 5.50am the captain met us at our hotel, we then went to the boat to head out to see the dolphins. There were 100's of Dolphins!! Unfortunatley there were lots of other boats, but our Captain is deff the one to go with because we were one of the last boats to return and got to see all the Dolphins come together after all the other boats left. At the end we paid 60,000 each (we had breakfast too) - Boat 44!!

We planned to go down the west coast but plans changed and we headed back through the centre (after getting lost through the mountains). Stopped at a Strawberry place in Bedugul for lunch. Stayed in Pantai Berawa, just up from Seminyak so we avoided the tourist area.

Day 6- Headed back to Seminyak!

Tip- Buy a recent edition of a map of Bali! Very limitied amount of signs; it adds to the adventure though!!

The week before this adventure, we booked day tours. Bike ride down from Kintamani, White water rafting and a spa day.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

Hi

Day 4

Tanah Lot in the afternoon and then go to the Beach House for sunset and dinner - great seafood barbecue on the beachfront and much, much better than anything you will find at Jimbaran Bay. I went last week and am off agin tonight.

A great place any night of the week.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

great, valuable infomation,guys

thank you so much

10. Re: seeking for suggestions about 5 days in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, February 17, 2013